Wrong psychology course? c800 vs c801 Watch

Phoebe Jones
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
on ucas I've applied for c801 (still yet to get my offer) but obviously I am interested in going abroad to study for parts of it. Can I still do this with Bath c801 or would I need to email them to see if I could change it? Also if I was set to do a year abroad but then decided against it could I just complete the degree in 3 years (so the c801) ?
the only difference I can see is c800 offers a placement year compared to c801
JaredzzC
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
You can always change certain aspects of your course once you arrive at uni i.e. add a placement/year aborad, this is an extremely common thing so it's not an issue that you haven't put the correct course code down.

If you wanted clarification, you could always e-mail Bath just to confirm.

You aren't obliged to go on a year abroad, so you don't have to if you don't want to - in which case, yes you'd complete the degree in 3 years.

Having it on your applications just shows your initial intentions, nothing is set in concrete.
University of Bath
  •  Official Rep
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi there,
There is definitely leeway to change the course you have applied for, with regards to placements and study years abroad. Just email the admission department and they should be able to change this on UCAS for you. This was the case for me when I applied: I applied without a placement, then decided I wanted to do a placement so emailed admissions and they changed it ASAP. From what I know, you can also wait until Fresher's Week or the first few weeks of first year (if you were to get an offer and decide to come to Bath), but its probably easier to just email and get it changed sooner rather than later.
I hope this has helped,
Eryn, a second year Natural Sciences student
(Original post by Phoebe Jones)
on ucas I've applied for c801 (still yet to get my offer) but obviously I am interested in going abroad to study for parts of it. Can I still do this with Bath c801 or would I need to email them to see if I could change it? Also if I was set to do a year abroad but then decided against it could I just complete the degree in 3 years (so the c801) ?
Phoebe Jones
Rep:
?
(Original post by University of Bath)
Hi there,
There is definitely leeway to change the course you have applied for, with regards to placements and study years abroad. Just email the admission department and they should be able to change this on UCAS for you. This was the case for me when I applied: I applied without a placement, then decided I wanted to do a placement so emailed admissions and they changed it ASAP. From what I know, you can also wait until Fresher's Week or the first few weeks of first year (if you were to get an offer and decide to come to Bath), but its probably easier to just email and get it changed sooner rather than later.
I hope this has helped,
thanks I emailed them a few days ago, but have not heard anything back
lolla3126
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
hi have you applyed for psychology bsc , have you recieved a reply yet ?, i applyed for the same but have not receved any reply and im freeking out !
Phoebe Jones
Rep:
?
(Original post by lolla3126)
hi have you applyed for psychology bsc , have you recieved a reply yet ?, i applyed for the same but have not receved any reply and im freeking out !
they sent me an email saying they would. aim tpo get back to me before 31st march as thre were loads of applicants
University of Bath
  •  Official Rep
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
c
Hi again,
I see. Hopefully they have emailed you back by now, and if they have not then I'd try phoning them (as then they can give you an immediate answer instead of you waiting around for an email).
Hope this helps,
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bath
    Undergraduate Virtual Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • University of Bath
    Postgraduate Virtual Open day Postgraduate
    Wed, 3 Apr '19
  • University of Bath
    Postgraduate Virtual Open day Postgraduate
    Wed, 3 Apr '19

Is the plastic tax enough to protect the environment?

Yes (5)
4.07%
No (118)
95.93%

Watched Threads