OliwiaJ
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I received offers from Lancaster (AAB, unconditional if I firm them) and Manchester (AAB, ABB if I firm them) for Psychology. Lancaster is a great uni with a nice campus and is in the Top 10, but it's not a Russell Group. Also study abroad is quite important for me, and both Universities seem to have a good programme for it. Which one do you think I should consider?
RoseRouge
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
choosing a uni is personal, so it depends what kind of social scene you want and Manchester is higher in the league tables in the world than Lancaster so if you have plans in the future to work abroad, Manchester has a better name. Apart from league tables, Manchester offering you an ABB is amazing and think you should go for it as it may relieve from stress with obtaining another A plus Manchester has a lot of diversity and the social scene there is huge. Lancaster seems all right and the student satisfaction is good, probs why it's high up in the league tables, but at the end of the day it's up to you and your own research for you to decide which uni you want to go to.
Lancaster University Student Ambassador
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by OliwiaJ)
I received offers from Lancaster (AAB, unconditional if I firm them) and Manchester (AAB, ABB if I firm them) for Psychology. Lancaster is a great uni with a nice campus and is in the Top 10, but it's not a Russell Group. Also study abroad is quite important for me, and both Universities seem to have a good programme for it. Which one do you think I should consider?
Hi OliwiaJ,

Congratulations on your offers, that is great news! I understand it is a difficult decision to make so you are doing the right thing weighing up your options. I am a second year Marketing Management student at Lancaster University and studied a minor in Psychology last year which I thoroughly enjoyed from developmental, cognitive, social and neuroscience. This is one reason I really like Lancaster because of the flexibility plus the support is great, everything from having academic advisors, fantastic careers support and graduate prospects. I have a few friends studying abroad too.

I love the campus and equally I am really enjoying living in the City this year. There are plenty of bars, restaurants, shops, cinemas, theatres and clubs so there are always things to do. We also have hundreds of societies and I would recommend emmersing yourself into everything wherever you decide to go as University really is what you make of it.

I am so happy with my decision to come to Lancaster University so if you have any specific questions then please get in touch and I am happy to answer them and share my experiences or equally I am happy to try and put you in contact with a current Psychology student.

If you are able to, I would highly recommend visiting both Applicant Visit Days, this really confirmed Lancaster University was the right place for me.

I wish you the best of luck with your decision, go with your gut feeling and I am sure you will have a great experience both academically and socially.

Again, please get in touch!

Rebecca
LUMS Student Ambassador
Last edited by Lancaster University Student Ambassador; 2 years ago
random_matt
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Lancaster.
OliwiaJ
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by random_matt)
Lancaster.
Any reasons why Lancaster?
random_matt
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Any reasons why Lancaster?
It is the better university for psychology, fact. Russell group? Stop listening to buzz words, starts to sound like Microsoft PR ********.
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
My daughter did Psychology at Lancaster and she loved it! Reputation wise, I don't think there's too much in it, although some people would rate Manchester higher because it's Russell Group and much bigger. I would say that Lancaster is a small city and the University is a small, close knit community - still very good facilities, though.I wouldn't say that Russell Group is particularly important for Psychology so really it comes down to which sort of city you would like to live in for 3 years - Manchester has loads more shops, bars, clubs, etc etc and that will appeal more to some people
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (345)
83.74%
No (67)
16.26%

Watched Threads