JKM26
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm a Year 13 student studying Maths Bio and Chem. I have predicted AAC, but would like to get at least AAB on results day.
In the most recent mocks we have done I got B, E and D. Meaning I have a lot of work to do and not a lot of time to get the grades up.
Hopefully by blogging about what I do for revision allows me to be able to meet the grades I want.
JKM26
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
02.02.19 - Revision plan for the day

Revising amines in Chem and going through naming rules and their basicity.

Completing a practise paper from www.crashmaths.com

Making notes on synapses

Completing exam-style questions on Hormonal Communication.
JKM26
Rep:

Yesterday I only managed to go through amines and did a practise paper, so today I will be:

Making notes on transmission of nerve impulses
Notes on synapses
Completing exam style questions on these topics (questions found on physicsandmathstutor)
JKM26
Rep:

Yesterday I did almost everything I planned to do, except from doing the exam style questions, which isn't too bad.

Today I will be going back over module 2.2 and working on entropy, I will hopefully be able to make some flashcards on both, with my priority being to make entropy flashcards.
I will also be going over Module 5 redox reactions so I am prepared for the lesson.
If I have any time I will go back over today's class work and attempt some homework, but I dont think I will get onto doing that today.
Obolinda
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Good luck with everything.
JKM26
Rep:
Thank you so much Obolinda 😀
JKM26
Rep:

Yesterday I literally did no revision outside of school, but it wasn't intentional, nor was I procrastinating.

So today I am going to try and make-up for that by:
- Finishing off Chem homework
- Going over entropy questions
- Completing some notes on Photosynthesis
- Completing some maths exam-style questions I printed from www.mathsgenie.com for the new A Level Spec
Last edited by JKM26; 2 years ago
JKM26
Rep:
Tip #1

I downloaded the app Headspace, which helped me to realise what I was worrying about and helped me to focus on alleviating those worries. I honestly recommend the app because it does help get you in a productive state of mind. The only downside to the app is that only the Basic techniques and sleepcasts are free to use, for the rest you have to pay a subscription. The pricing aside, the app is really good.
JKM26
Rep:
Tip #2

List all of the topics you find difficult, or think that you wouldn't be able to answer questions on. Everyday, pick one of those topics and read through your notes and your textbook on that topic. Attempt an exam question on it and mark it. If you are close to getting full marks attempt another one until you get full marks. If you aren't getting as many marks, you should make a flashcard on that specific topic and re-attempt that topic later in the week.
JKM26
Rep:

Soooooo..... umm I haven't done much revision all week, which isn't good, but again not intentional lool.

I managed to only finish my respiration notes, which means I can tackle the ecology units now (I'm not going on the residential, so I will be self-studying). I am currently on a break from Maths homework (hypothesis testing is killing meee). I need to do some Chem flashcards and questions and see if that helps me.
JKM26
Rep:

I didn't manage to finish off my maths homework yesterday, so need to do that now (I still have some to hand in from like last week lool). I was given some intervention booklets from my Chem teacher, so will be tackling a few of those. I also need to prep for university interviews; my first one is in a week and im freaking out!!!!! :eek::eek: I also have some work that I was supposed to do in my frees today, but didn't do lol.

Hopefully I'm able to do what I've planned to do.

Also: I know the above post was posted just before this one, but my laptop crashed and didn't post it (on the right date lool), so I thought I would just update with what I had planned to post
Last edited by JKM26; 2 years ago
nyxnko_
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by JKM26)
I'm a Year 13 student studying Maths Bio and Chem. I have predicted AAC, but would like to get at least AAB on results day.
In the most recent mocks we have done I got B, E and D. Meaning I have a lot of work to do and not a lot of time to get the grades up.
Hopefully by blogging about what I do for revision allows me to be able to meet the grades I want.
Best of luck! :rave:
JKM26
Rep:
Thank you nyxko_!😀
JKM26
Rep:

Today I had suchh a long day, (triple maths double bio) and was not in the mood to do proper proper revision, so I procrastinated for a bit and then decided to do some work:

I managed to organise how much more of Chemistry I have left to go over (NMR spec is honestly killing me) and did a few flashcards on Born-Haber, Entropy and Gibbs Free Energy.

I went over controlling responses for Biology, which, at the end of making notes I realised, was a waste of time, because all of the same information was part of Hormonal Communication:mad:, but at least I inadvertantly did some revision on that.

For maths, I finally handed in all of my overdue homework, and only have one more piece to do, which is due in 2 weeks, so plenty of time for it.

I still haven't done any interview prep, and I have 2 interviews NEXT WEEK!!! I need to start working on answers for questions and need to refresh myself on my personal statement.

Also, Happy Valentines Day!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (8)
10%
Okay (26)
32.5%
A bit lacking (22)
27.5%
Not good at all (24)
30%

Watched Threads