The Student Room Group

2.5 tog goose down & feather duvet?

I bought a 4.5 tog goose down and feather duvet from ebay and its still too warm (I sent the 7.5 tog one back).

Even on a 4.5 tog I have to stick my feet out and get woken up because I'm too warm.

The seller won't exchange the 4.5 for a 2.5 anymore and I was wondering if it was worth it for me to buy a new one.

I'm just blown away by how bloody warm goose down and feather duvets are compared to the normal stuff in argos or something.
Original post by nonotyoutoo
I bought a 4.5 tog goose down and feather duvet from ebay and its still too warm (I sent the 7.5 tog one back).

Even on a 4.5 tog I have to stick my feet out and get woken up because I'm too warm.

The seller won't exchange the 4.5 for a 2.5 anymore and I was wondering if it was worth it for me to buy a new one.

I'm just blown away by how bloody warm goose down and feather duvets are compared to the normal stuff in argos or something.

Wouldnt it be unhygenic to ask to change the duvet?
If its such a big deal then get a new one, they arent that expensive.

Tog is a universal way of measuring thermal insulation so I think the idea that Goose is warner than a similarly tog rated hollow fibre quilt has to be false. What you might think is that Goose down is lighter than a hollow fibre quilt.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending