The Student Room Group

is it a **** move to book 2 taxis

got an important interview and gotta get a pretty early train from the station 5 miles away, normally I would cycle there but obviously want to be looking smart and professional! there are buses but they're circular and unreliable so I've decided to take a taxi to the station

problem is I know a few people who've had issues with taxis not turning up when prebooked so I'm thinking I might book a 'back up' 5 mins apart just in case as I'm far out of town so it will take time for a new taxi to arrive but I feel a bit guilty :/
Well if you live "far out of town" and book a taxi then don't take it and don't cancel it before they would've left town, you will probably be blacklisted by that taxi company. And yes, it is pretty inconsiderate to waste their time and fuel driving all the way out to you when you know there is an extremely high chance you aren't going to take that taxi or pay them.

You say you know "a few people" with that issue; consider that in context of how many people you know who have ever taken a taxi and not highlighted an issue with them showing up. Obviously if a taxi didn't show up for someone they are going to tell everyone they can of their poor experience, but for the vast majority of people who book a taxi, have it arrive and take them to their destination without any issues aren't going to go around telling everyone how their taxi showed up...

A more sensible option would to be book a taxi so you arrive at the station well in advance, leaving you enough time to call up and book another company if that one doesn't show up within a certain amount of time, so you still arrive at the station on time if necessary. I think the odds of that being necessary are vanishingly small however...
(edited 5 years ago)
Just book the taxi a lot earlier so if the taxi doesn't turn up you can call up and have one arrive on time.
You're just going to have to pay for two taxis and you'd have wasted their time (there will be a fee for not having turned up). Though chances are they won't send two taxis out anyway as it would seem weird having two taxis to the same house within 5 minutes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending