studentuser2734
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
To those currently in uni, what were you most excited for/expecting to enjoy and what was the actual reality of it?
username4310824
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Expectation: Being really close with my flatmates.

Reality: I could easily go a month without seeing them.
ecolier
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by studentuser2734)
To those currently in uni, what were you most excited for/expecting to enjoy and what was the actual reality of it?
Expectation: everyone entering medical school will become doctors (at the same time)

Reality: a fair few drop out in the first week, then gradually throughout the years a few more will fail exams (or have other difficulties) leading to either resitting the year or dropping out It's quite sad.

Moral of the story: make sure you are ready for studying medicine before applying!
username2088165
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Expectation: I'd become friends with (at least some of) my flatmates
Reality: in my three years of living in halls I haven't been remotely friends with anyone I've lived with. They've almost all been loud and inconsiderate, leaving the kitchen in a mess and using my stuff without permission

I can't wait to leave honestly
Last edited by username2088165; 2 years ago
username4310824
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ecolier)
Expectation: everyone entering medical school will become doctors (at the same time)

Reality: a fair few drop out in the first week, then gradually throughout the years a few more will fail exams (or have other difficulties) leading to either resitting the year or dropping out It's quite sad.

Moral of the story: make sure you are ready for studying medicine before applying!
The first week?? Wow. I couldn't imagine going through all that stress to get in to quit so early :dong:
ecolier
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by MinaBee)
The first week?? Wow. I couldn't imagine going through all that stress to get in to quit so early :dong:
:sadnod:

Despite all the work experience, only a few applicants have ever done study experience.

I suppose this makes the case stronger for making Medicine a post-graduate exclusive degree.
Last edited by ecolier; 2 years ago
Notoriety
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Expectation: people who go to academic-y unis will be on the whole intellectual and interesting.

Reality: thick *****, on the whole.
username4470000
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I am expecting big things. Expectations: Drunk in the Uni bars. Lets go find the local dealers and cause some mayhem

Reality. You ppl studying. Being all good. And yeah, intellectual

I was in Uni once before. Had to drop out, wont get into that. Good times. Hanging with israeli and a african dude. We had a side thing going, selling stuff. Physics prof couldent handle the class, i ended up teaching him. Dancer in our class, and coming back from the gyms, see the students blind drunk. But UCL i am going to behave to the best of my ability. I wont try to force the profs to do the work for me, i am going to study
Last edited by username4470000; 2 years ago
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Expectation: my coursemates will be very similar to me (in terms of personality) because we chose to study the same course (which was a healthcare course btw).

Reality: Everyone's personality was really different and I only clicked with a handful of people on my course. It seems weird that I expected everyone to be similar with hindsight, as life is very rarely like that in any other situation. :dontknow:

I also concur with other people saying how they expected to be great friends with their flatmates, then for whatever reason weren't (in my case, it was that I was the only postgrad in the flat (so my workload was bigger and I wasn't up for partying), and that they left the communal areas like a pigsty).
hallamstudents
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by studentuser2734)
Hey! I think a lot of people think your going to get lots of friends and it all really social, however a lot of the time people can get isolated if they dont make the effort to go out and get involved. But other than that uni has been more than i expected and i have really enjoyed it! Are you looking at applying?
Sophia
tesconyc
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by MinaBee)
Expectation: Being really close with my flatmates.

Reality: I could easily go a month without seeing them.
oooof. Jesus hope they don't find out
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (53)
28.19%
No (135)
71.81%

Watched Threads