WJEC Resit Dates question Watch

Sami.T
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Does anyone know the resit date for the 2018 AS pure Mathematics paper?
The pure paper consisted of Core 1 and 2
Last edited by Sami.T; 4 months ago
学生の父
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Sami.T)
Does anyone know the resit date for the 2018 AS pure Mathematics paper?
The pure paper consisted of Core 1 and 2
Hi Sami T. If you mean the Legacy Specification (only available for those who took it in 2018), the resit opportunities are:

C1 -- 0973/01 Mathematics C1 (LEGACY) RESIT ONLY* 1h 30m -- AM Wednesday 15 May
C2 -- 0974/01 Mathematics C2 (LEGACY) RESIT ONLY* 1h 30m -- AM Wednesday 22 May

The New WJEC-CBAC Specification AS papers will be sat during the same morning sessions.
Sami.T
Rep:
?
(Original post by 学生の父)
Hi Sami T. If you mean the Legacy Specification (only available for those who took it in 2018), the resit opportunities are:

The New WJEC-CBAC Specification AS papers will be sat during the same morning sessions.
Thanks for the helpful response!
Can I ask if you know why resitters have to sit a different paper from the regular new AS paper?
Sami.T
Rep:
?
(Original post by 学生の父)

Also, does the resit consist of me having to sit 2 different papers on 2 different dates? when i did the pure paper in 2018 it was all in one sitting.
学生の父
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Also, does the resit consist of me having to sit 2 different papers on 2 different dates? when i did the pure paper in 2018 it was all in one sitting.
Thanks for the helpful response!
Can I ask if you know why resitters have to sit a different paper from the regular new AS paper?
It all depends on which qualification you're seeking, and which specification (Legacy or New) you're using.

C1 and C2 are the Legacy specification papers you need to get the old 50% AS qualification. They are being taken for the very last time in May 2019. Did you sit BOTH these papers last summer in one sitting?

The new WJEC-CBAC specification has two AS papers - Unit 1 (2 1/2 hours, Pure) and Unit 2 (1 3/4 hours, Applied). These papers were taken for the first time in Summer 2018, and candidates are allowed to resit them this year (either as a standalone AS, or as 40% of the new A-level qualification).

Resitters don't have to sit a different paper. If you like, you can forget about the old spec and take a fresh start by sitting the new AS papers. That would give you the new 40% AS in Mathematics. You'd better decide soon, though, because the entry deadline is in a fortnight.

Hope that helps.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of West London
    Undergraduate Open Day - West London Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (284)
15.22%
The paper was reasonable (1037)
55.57%
Not feeling great about that exam... (404)
21.65%
It was TERRIBLE (141)
7.56%

Watched Threads