Are you pro or anti abortion?

Watch
XKangaotiCX
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
My friends were talking about this the other day, and I was kind of on the fence because I didn't feel like I could really say, seeing as I felt uneducated in the matter. Are you for or against the idea of abortions? Do you agree with the current laws for abortion?
username3941996
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
Attachment 796538
Last edited by username3941996; 2 years ago
XKangaotiCX
Rep:
(Original post by Professional G)
What have you done?
You have let out the forbidden beast which will divide TSR.
Mwahaha
LoyaltyAb0veAll
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Pro abortion; but and this is a big BUT
with strict requirements; 1. Only early early stages. if not then NO
2. if it's the result of abuse i.e rape and they have strong evidence to back their claim (yeah rape accusations are getting out of hand lately)
3. if both party is underage and are not fit to be parents; mentally,financially, and physically.

Spoiler:
Show
The world is crowded anyway
Dark humour btw
username4470000
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
I am going thru this at the moment. This is not theory to me. The idea of father hood appeals to me, but she wont make a good mother. So with all puns intended. Trying to get a black woman an abortion is fcuking murder
username4470000
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Not every woman will be a good mother. But it is a womans right to choose. So as you take them to the Doctors. Gently persuade, now is not the time. The mans responciblity is to look after the woman, with the knoweldge she can hardly look after herself
username4470000
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Depends if they theorising or they really need one. If they do then this website might help them
nintysixthousand
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
pro choice, no one should tell you what you should and shouldnt do with your body, espeically those without a uterus. if someone is causing a lot of harm ie using abortion as contraception multiple times then someone should step in, but thats very rare.
XKangaotiCX
Rep:
(Original post by LoyaltyAb0veAll)
Pro abortion; but and this is a big BUT
with strict requirements; 1. Only early early stages. if not then NO
2. if it's the result of abuse i.e rape and they have strong evidence to back their claim (yeah rape accusations are getting out of hand lately)
3. if both party is underage and are not fit to be parents; mentally,financially, and physically.

Spoiler:
Show
The world is crowded anyway
Dark humour btw
I actually completely agree. Also, the world is crowded, but you never know, the little foetus an abortion-considering mother is holding may turn out to be a person who cures a certain type of cancer...
XKangaotiCX
Rep:
(Original post by TheNamesBond.)
Pro Abortion, no you're not killing a baby because that baby doesn't exist, yes you are being an a$$ if you think being pro means you're a murderer.
I understand where you're coming from, but there are limits, do you agree with the law that abortions should be carried out 24 weeks before pregancy?
XKangaotiCX
Rep:
Yeah, I never really took a second thought on the wording of the title, guess that was wrong of me...
XKangaotiCX
Rep:
Okay, apologies for bringing it up again.
BlueSoybean
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
anti-abortion, for all cases.
username4470000
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
It is a good topic. I havent seen it before. When a woman gets pregnant, you just have to suck it up. It is all about her. Academic debate becomes useless it is then reality. Her moods set in, then you have to think do you really want a child. Got to judge the woman with if she can handle raising one and wont dump it on you. Then is the time start thinking about abortions
Obolinda
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Pro-choice
hippieglitter
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
I'm kind if on the fence too, I feel if someone is going to have unprotected sex they should be prepared to deal with consequences. However there are occasions when abortion may be the correct way to go if pregnancy or birth posed a danger to either mother or child it may be a better to terminate or if the child was product of rape and not wanted. Tbh save for the two circumstances i have just mentioned if you don't want a child you should keep your legs shut or take the appropriate precautions.
Last edited by hippieglitter; 2 years ago
BenK64
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
I’m against abortion in all situations, other than when the mothers own life is in danger.

I don’t know why abortion has become synonymous with woman’s rights. Like being anti abortion must mean being anti-woman. When women doesn’t factor in to the decision for me- its a separate life. It WILL, of its own accord, develop into a foetus, then be born, then grow up and live its life. Anything after conception is just murder and highly immoral.

And it’s even more reprehensible to believe that abortion should be illegal except in the case of rape. Then your just murdering a life, which you implicitly value since taking a stance against abortion, for the sins of their father, for which they had no control. This is obviously unjust.

And we all know abortion is intuitively wrong. I mean abortion clinics are not happy places. Getting an abortion is not an easy decision for women, it’s usually a difficult experience. This implicitly tells us there is ‘value’ to those cells which will develop into a human being. And we would rightfully judge any women who used abortion as contraception. Putting to death unborn children because they have mental of physical disabilities is also very wrong and a dark spot in our society.

There also seems to be this paradox where women berate society for viewing women in stereotypical mothering roles in the family and leaving the raising of the kid to the mother when the father doesn’t do enough. Yet they seem insistent of women having ALL the rights of the child, even though it is literally genetically as much the fathers as is the mothers. This means TOTAL control over unborn child, and keeping the kids in the VAST majority of divorce cases. Children effectively belong to the women as part of their rights as a woman, but then complain society is sexist when expecting of them the responsibilities of a mother.
Zarek
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
It's a complex issue, not helped by religious nutters and simplistic tags like pro and anti abortion. One thing which is clear is that seeking to impose impractical rules which gain no consensus is not the right way.
username4201034
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Techno Viking)
I am going thru this at the moment. This is not theory to me. The idea of father hood appeals to me, but she wont make a good mother. So with all puns intended. Trying to get a black woman an abortion is fcuking murder
Why did you have to mention that she was a black woman ?? Not all black people think the same
username4470000
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by SadStud3nt)
Why did you have to mention that she was a black woman ?? Not all black people think the same
Why you asking me that question, are you trying to cause drama. You trying to troll on here. Or you just trying to be clever. I tell you what. You trying to speak to me but not working. I give you another try. Think! then reply to me again
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (78)
20.69%
Note taking apps (7)
1.86%
Flashcards (86)
22.81%
Revision guides (19)
5.04%
Past papers (172)
45.62%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (15)
3.98%

Watched Threads