A level Product Design, maths specific questions Watch

That1Nerd
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Hello,
So I realised there isn’t many resources for maths specific questions in A level product design. I was just wondering if anyone has a collection of maths specific exam questions that would be good for practice.

Thank you.
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
What do you mean maths specific questions? I have done PD at GCSE, A-level and now at degree and i have never seen a maths question in a paper
That1Nerd
Rep:
?
Really?
I’m doing AQA and about 20-15% is maths questions. They are generally geometry questions such as find out the length of x if you have this other length and these other angles.
snake.eyes
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I’m doing edexcel DT and we just did a mock with like a 7 marker to calculate the volume of ABS plastic required to fill a section of a phone case by using curved edges it’s really really hard. I regret doing dt
CoolCavy
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by That1Nerd)
Really?
I’m doing AQA and about 20-15% is maths questions. They are generally geometry questions such as find out the length of x if you have this other length and these other angles.
(Original post by snake.eyes)
I’m doing edexcel DT and we just did a mock with like a 7 marker to calculate the volume of ABS plastic required to fill a section of a phone case by using curved edges it’s really really hard. I regret doing dt
Is this product design or resistant materials? I have never once calculated anything, then again i did my GCSE PD in 2015 and my A-level PD in 2017 so the spec may have changed
snake.eyes
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Yeah there is a new spec and it’s combined RM and Graphic with more business science and maths in it
CoolCavy
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Yeah there is a new spec and it’s combined RM and Graphic with more business science and maths in it
Oh wow that's crazy, thanks for that info i will read up on the new spec
Hopefully you and the OP get the resources you need
That1Nerd
Rep:
?
I can relate to you with that one 😂🤣
That1Nerd
Rep:
?
(Original post by CoolCavy)
Oh wow that's crazy, thanks for that info i will read up on the new spec
Hopefully you and the OP get the resources you need
Yeah if no one finds anything I’ll sift through different past papers and put together a group of maths questions☺️
mwsaeed
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hey I’m also doing Edexcel, how are you finding the past papers? I feel like the mark schemes are so limited in my opinion
mountainman2000
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by mwsaeed)
Hey I’m also doing Edexcel, how are you finding the past papers? I feel like the mark schemes are so limited in my opinion
Any predictions for what you think will come up?
Tran27
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
please anyone out there, is there any advice for 2019 DT product design A-level edexcel paper?
mountainman2000
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I literally don’t think I’ve ever been more worried about a test in my life
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20

How many uni open days have you been to/did you go to?

0 (65)
27.31%
1 (39)
16.39%
2 (40)
16.81%
3 (32)
13.45%
4 (16)
6.72%
5 (20)
8.4%