hxj
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Does anyone know any tips for revising GCSE higher maths? Or any websites that help to explain stuff and practise questions?
I got a 5 in my mock but I'm really hoping to get a 6 in the real thing (a 7 would be ideal), I just haven't found an effective way to revise for it yet :/
Notnek
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by hxj)
Does anyone know any tips for revising GCSE higher maths? Or any websites that help to explain stuff and practise questions?
I got a 5 in my mock but I'm really hoping to get a 6 in the real thing (a 7 would be ideal), I just haven't found an effective way to revise for it yet :/
Try Mathsgenie which separates the topics by grade. Also, I made this revision checklist with links to questions which might be useful for you.

Make sure you do as many past/practice exam papers as you can and consider buying the CGP practice papers and exam question workbook.
CraigFowler
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Completely agree about the www.mathsgenie.co.uk website use. I am a professional Maths tutor and use it with my students. Also has some very useful videos explaining every topic and past papers etc.

Good luck with your exam.

Regards

Craig
LoneWolf225
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Seneca learning is quite good I think. I do edexcel maths, but it might be different for you if you're a different board.
SophieMay16
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Lots of practice papers
13hunteo
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Practice papers, practice papers, practice papers. You'll be so sick of seeing the same questions over and over again, and that's a good thing. It means that you'll be ready for every type of question that will be able to come up in the actual exam. There are no shortcuts for revision, especially with Maths, where you can't just remember facts, you have to be able to apply your knowledge and be flexible.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (55)
28.8%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (15)
7.85%
No I am happy with my choice (106)
55.5%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (15)
7.85%

Watched Threads