Feeling inadequate Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I feel like ****. I’m applying for quite a competitive course this year, Law at high end unis and I need to do this hard exam to get into them and it’s fine whatever i really don’t mind where I end up. My close family friend who’s basically my brother got into imperial for maths recently which is great! The thing is I can’t help but feel jealous. He wasn’t ever really that smart, were both Scottish and it sounds weird but uni rep is quite big where I’m from. He gets all the praise and whatnot, and I’m glad he deserves it but no one seems to be saying anything about me. I got an offer from UCL which is so hard and competitive to get into but no one cares.
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 19
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I feel like ****. I’m applying for quite a competitive course this year, Law at high end unis and I need to do this hard exam to get into them and it’s fine whatever i really don’t mind where I end up. My close family friend who’s basically my brother got into imperial for maths recently which is great! The thing is I can’t help but feel jealous. He wasn’t ever really that smart, were both Scottish and it sounds weird but uni rep is quite big where I’m from. He gets all the praise and whatnot, and I’m glad he deserves it but no one seems to be saying anything about me. I got an offer from UCL which is so hard and competitive to get into but no one cares.
The jealousy and comparing doesnt really get you anywhere.
Why not just be happy you have the offer and put your need for praise and notwhat to one side> nobody is going anywhere until you get the results. meet your own standards and others opinions matter less. You can always tell them one day.
Take the day off and chill, then go at it with a fresh approach from Monday. Just block him out.
georgem93
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Sorry to hear about this mate.
Drop me a pm if you want to talk or need some encouragement and reassurance!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by 999tigger)
The jealousy and comparing doesnt really get you anywhere.
Why not just be happy you have the offer and put your need for praise and notwhat to one side> nobody is going anywhere until you get the results.
...thank you? Lol great advice
Anonymous #1
(Original post by georgem93)
Sorry to hear about this mate.
Drop me a pm if you want to talk or need some encouragement and reassurance!
thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (217)
60.11%
No (144)
39.89%

Watched Threads