How to do English Lit with a bad teacher?

Watch
Old_bean
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm in year 13 doing OCR English Literature.

My school's English department is understaffed and so the teaching quality isn't great. I have 1 teacher for English lit and she's not great. I feel bad saying all this because she's nice but every student she's had has made the same complaints about her. Essays aren't marked, lessons aren't organised, tasks aren't completed. I feel overwhelmed thinking about English lit because it's such a mess.

How do I go about revising for it? Exams are approaching and I don't know what to do.
Without revising I can get a D but I obviously don't want that, so what are your tips and revision methods?

In her defence she'd be a much better teacher if she didn't have so many classes.

P.S here are the texts I'm studying:
Drama and Prose: Hamlet, Duchess of Malfi and Coleridge poetry.
Unseen and Comparison: (dystopian), 1984 and Handmaid's Tale.

Thanks
barror1
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Ok so definitely hire a private tutor and research heavily around all of your texts, especially for contexts and key quotes. Good rule of thumb is to read the texts 2/3 times each over A levels. Exemplar essay structures can also be found online
sqrt of 5
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
youtube? look for mr salles and mr bruff
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (103)
61.31%
No (65)
38.69%

Watched Threads