The Student Room Group

DSA mental health please help.

Hi,
I have severe anxiety and depression. The thing I am most worried about is having to use public transport to get to uni, I will commute on a train then bus. But I have extreme panic attacks on public transport.

Is there anything DSA will do to help for this?
Thanks
I have herd of people being given funding for taxis/other private transport so it is possible :smile:
They can give you a taxi fund :yes:
Apply and find out, DSA is pretty crap though in my opinion. Sure it is great for others.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by random_matt
Apply and find out, DSA is pretty crap though.

Why is it crap? my mentor is invaluable for me
Original post by CoolCavy
Why is it crap? my mentor is invaluable for me

I'm happy for you, I just find all the stuff provided for me can be acquired via the university itself. My mentor cannot help me, she is not even qualified, pointless small talk every session (No longer see her). Best thing was the free printer, that is it.
If you have a need for a taxi fund then they'll definitely offer it as part of DSA. I received funding during my second and final year as part of a motivation package to minimise the pressure of public transport.

DSA can be really useful in ways you wouldn't even consider and when you go to your needs assessment they'll discuss and suggest options that make life much easier to handle. You have nothing to lose by applying!

Quick Reply

Latest