Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Application to LSE too late?

-----------
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by ignasi
Hello,

I am applying to the LSE MSc Finance (full-time) program but I am extremely worried that it may be too late. Do you think I have chances? I paid the online application and have everything set but the only thing missing is 1 letter of recommendation (which I will keep insisting) which I probably will have next week. When would it be too late?

Also, is it true that without the 2 letters the application does not move on?

My profile is the following:
-GMAT: 710 (90%) Q47 V40
-Bachelor: Economics a target university in Spain. 8.60/10 (7 out of a class of 160)
-1 year Exchange: University of Chicago: Booth (Economics, Corporate Finance, Strategic Management...)
-Recommendation letters: strong recommenders from UChicago and my home university
-Statement of Purpose: Quite good in my opinion
- Actively participating at my University Consulting Association. 2nd place in a Case Consulting Competition with a Jury of members of Bain, BCG and McKinsey
- Start Up co-founder. European Semi-Finalist at 4YFN Mobile World Congress Start Up competition + seed round of 200.000€ valuation
- 2 summer Internships. Financial Analyst at a well-known multinational and later on at a Strategy Consulting Boutique.
- Languages: Native Spanish and Catalan, Proficiency in English, Intermediate in French and basic German.

Thank you very much!

Cant see the point in getting in a tizz over this. You are where you are and the application is in. You dont have a time machine.
Presumablt youve checked for any deadlines on the site and if its been accepted as an online application then presumably its up for consideration.
What I would so is just ring admissions and ask them for some guidance on the process and timeframes. As long as your questions are reasonable and you arent a headless chicken then they should be able to reassure you and clarify where you are and whether you are in time. Obviously LSE is very competitive, but as long as you are due for consideration with everyone else that is the best you can hope for. Its quite common for postgrad referees to take their time. If you dont believe it will be coming, then as a back up you may need to ask someone else.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending