The Student Room Group

What Seemingly insignificant event changed the course of your life?

Saw this on another forum so thought I would start it here , what events that have been small like for example getting off at the wrong stop on a train and ending up meeting the love of your life , that sort of thing

I will start with when I was in Year 4 my best friend left the school I was in at the time , then the first day of the new school year a new lad joined the class and we became friends and have been ever since around 14 years.
Going on holiday! Six years ago my family decided to go on holiday abroad for the first time in 5 years and we chose to go to Lanzarote in the Canary Islands. Whilst we were there I got sick with tonsillitis. It sucked and kinda ruined the holiday for me but I didn't think much of it because I got tonsillitis all the time.

After the holiday, my tonsillitis cleared up but I was still sick. Ended up being diagnosed with CFS/ME which I still have to this day. It's completely changed my life and I've had it long enough the chances of recovering are basically nonexistent. I ended up taking a year off after my gcses because it got so bad.

However - after a year I managed to go back into education to study animal management at college. Going to college meant that I got to meet some of my best friends and apply to study zoology at university :biggrin: gotta look for those silver linings!

Quick Reply

Latest