The Student Room Group

My sister is ruining my life.

So I've had enough.

I share a room with my sister, have done all my life. It used to be fun but now its torture.

She empties all my skin care and fills then up with turpentine. She dips my electric toothbrush in the toilet. Empties my makeup and fills them up with water. She's thrown bleach on my clothes. Secretly thrown away my clothes, and even cut them up. She goes through my phone and talks bad behind my back. But towards my face she says nothing. Just blank like butter doesn't melt in her mouth.

A couple of years ago i found loads of photos of me in her possession, she had scratched my face out and ripped them in to several pieces. This was the first time i confronted her, she just burst out crying but said nothing. I brought this up a second time and she became angry towards me and yelled "well ofc you would bring that up."

She pays for nothing. Shopping, food, restaurants, cinema, cupboards, bed, paint, bedsheets, takeaways i pay for. She gets moody if she has to pay for one thing.

I'm 23, i still live at home because i have health problems, as well as my mum being my carer. I just don't know what to do?

I treat everybody the same way i would want to be treated. Like i wouldn't have a sane head if i did what she does to me. I'm 100 with everybody, i wear my heart on my sleeves and i can't play this manipulative game.

Any ideas?
Have you told any of your other family members? I know this is petty but she might be jealous (ofc its unreasonable)
I guess she also doesn't want to confront it too since when your brought up her ripping your pictures she got pissed so she obviously knows what she's doing is wrong
Just get locks so she doesnt have access to your stuff.
What aboyt your parents and you still have to share a room at 23?
Reply 4
Original post by YukioLukio
Have you told any of your other family members? I know this is petty but she might be jealous (ofc its unreasonable)

I have told my other sister, but she doesn't seem to care because its not happening to her.
Reply 5
My dad is terminally ill, so he has to have a room to himself, then my brother and sister have a room each and them me and this sister share. Hard to lock my cupboard as its all ikea **** and super thin.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending