Can I appear for IGCSE with my expired passport?

Watch
GreenBoy818
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I have to travel somewhere urgently and I'll be back in March, my new passport would arrive around the 3rd Week of March, I've registered with my current passport, and the deadline for appearing via school is I think 9 or 6, so when my passport would be renewed, the school won't be able to update the information since my new passport might come around the 3rd week of march. So during my exams, should I bring both the new and the expired passport during my exams, would they let me sit?

Note: My passport would be expiring on 5th of May, I'll be able to sit for 2 exams since the exams are starting on 2nd of May.

Please I need urgent help, there isn't much time, even if I apply now the passport will take like 2 weeks to come, and I'm travelling next week.

Edit: I live in the Middle-East not in England, this was the only forum where I thought I could get some help regarding this issue. I sent an e-mail to the British Council as well and they haven't replied yet.
Last edited by GreenBoy818; 1 year ago
学生の父
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Sorry, this is the first I've heard of this.

You are a school pupil sitting IGCSEs in a school in the UK? Why would you need a passport to identify yourself? You are known to the school, are you not?

If, for some reason, you are based somewhere with more strigent id requirements, I would suggest you simply ask the exams officer at your centre what you should do. The scenario you set out above is hardly unusual, so they must know what they would do in your case.
GreenBoy818
Rep:
?
(Original post by 学生の父)

You are a school pupil sitting IGCSEs in a school in the UK? Why would you need a passport to identify yourself? You are known to the school, are you not?

If, for some reason, you are based somewhere with more strigent id requirements, I would suggest you simply ask the exams officer at your centre what you should do. The scenario you set out above is hardly unusual, so they must know what they would do in your case.
I live in the Middle-East, not in England, this was the only forum where I thought I could get some help regarding this issue. I sent an e-mail to the British Council as well and they haven't replied yet.
GreenBoy818
Rep:
?
(Original post by 学生の父)

+ I'm applying from the school, i.e: registring via the school. There's no time to renew my passport, so I've already registered now, and I'm wondering that if I renew my trip after I come back from my tour, and if I keep with me both of my passports (The expired one and the new one), would I be able to sit in the exam hall?
学生の父
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by GreenBoy818)
+ I'm applying from the school, i.e: registring via the school. There's no time to renew my passport, so I've already registered now, and I'm wondering that if I renew my trip after I come back from my tour, and if I keep with me both of my passports (The expired one and the new one), would I be able to sit in the exam hall?
Now I understand. Then I suggest again that you ask the school what they suggest. Like I said, you can't be the first person in this position.

If you send them an email now, there might still be someone in the office?
GreenBoy818
Rep:
?
(Original post by 学生の父)
Now I understand. Then I suggest again that you ask the school what they suggest. Like I said, you can't be the first person in this position.

If you send them an email now, there might still be someone in the office?
Alright, bro.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (344)
34.75%
No (646)
65.25%

Watched Threads