Flobro
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Hi. I am currently in Year 9 and doing my options. Aside from geography and French, I know that I want to do something creative, and my school offers three art courses: GCSE Art, GCSE Textiles and NCFE Graphics. I am struggling to choose between the three and am wondering if anyone who has taken any of them could give me their opinions on them. Is textiles more fashion design or art based? And is graphics all done on computers, or is there more hand drawing involved? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
NukaCola
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I did GCSE Graphics, personally didn't like it. It is mostly done on computers, although there is small parts where you'll have to draw. I'd probably choose Art, because you can incorporate whatever you like about Textiles/Graphics in it too, I guess.
amycracknell03
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hey so I took art and textiles (I’m currently yr 11) and id definitely say to choose art, it’s a lot of work but if you don’t leave it to the last minute it’ll be fine! Where’s textiles is now a new course so it’s 50% for the garment and sketchbook and the other 50% is a 2hour written exam which questions you on textiles, dt wood etc as it’s now classed as design technology so you have to know both so unless you want to learn about textiles and dt wood id definitely recommend art!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (115)
17.37%
It's just nice to be back! (182)
27.49%
Not great so far... (238)
35.95%
I want to drop out! (127)
19.18%

Watched Threads