The Student Room Group

What jobs dont ask to see gcse certificates?

What jobs don't ask to see gcse certificates?
Reply 1
I doubt graduate level jobs would bother with GCSE qualifications
Reply 3
Never been asked for them in the 16 years since I left school. Don't even know where they are.
Original post by Anonymous

Do you have any gcses?? That is the question
I just realised I have never had to show GCSE or A level certificates for any job (I have had 7) including a graduate scheme
Reply 6
Original post by artful_lounger
Why?

Because i'm planning to rip them up. The education door is permanently closed because i am sick and will always be sick for the rest of my life. I had no choice but to drop out of education at 17. I'm just pissed off that i can't study again.
Reply 7
Original post by thestudent33
Do you have any gcses?? That is the question

Yes i do i am not stupid. I got 8/8 gcses.
It depends on what jobs you are going for, but jobs requiring qualifications such as BTEC's, NVQ's, Diplomas, Degrees etc are going to want to see the certificates for those, rather than GCSE's since its those qualifications that you specifically need get the job. Sometimes its assumed that you have the GCSE's as you wouldnt get onto the BTEC, degree etc without them.
Others require experience in a particular job/area of work to get the job.

Quite a few jobs require a "good level of english/maths" rather then a GCSE.
Reply 9
I also got an AS certificate that i want to throw away
Because i'm planning to rip them up. The education door is permanently closed because i am sick and will always be sick for the rest of my life. I had no choice but to drop out of education at 17. I'm just pissed off that i can't study again.

Per your other threads, that would be a foolish action. It is entirely possible they may be required at some point in the future, even if it's unlikely you'll need them in the near or even intermediate future, and as previously described to you, it's expensive to replace them.

It costs you literally nothing to retain your GCSE things, including certificates of your grades. Rip up some random piece of paper if you feel that is necessary for you to process your anger, there is no reason to damage official documents that you may need regardless of whether you realise it now or not.
Per your other threads, that would be a foolish action. It is entirely possible they may be required at some point in the future, even if it's unlikely you'll need them in the near or even intermediate future, and as previously described to you, it's expensive to replace them.

It costs you literally nothing to retain your GCSE things, including certificates of your grades. Rip up some random piece of paper if you feel that is necessary for you to process your anger, there is no reason to damage official documents that you may need regardless of whether you realise it now or not.

Can you please link to previous threads

How do you know that its the same person that you are speaking to?

Ur hilarious :rofl:

In 12 years of working, I've never been asked to provide me GCSE or A Level certificates.
How do you know that its the same person that you are speaking to?

Because your story is identical to the other threads...
Reply 16

Yes i do i am not stupid. I got 8/8 gcses.

That's a rather "I'll cut off my nose to spite my face" approach and doesn't really help you.

Not recommended...

Posted from TSR Mobile

There's no central database that lets me or anyone give you a list of jobs that don't require GCSE certificates...

This is a daft thing to do.
About five years ago my LA decided that every teacher had to bring in every certificate they had. You can never guarantee you won't be asked for them.

I'm very sorry about your illness.
But don't automatically give up on education.
There are many courses you can do online, through distance learning or part time.

My friend's flatmate has terrible health problems and no a levels.
She's hasn't been to school since she was ten years old and is ill 4 days out of 7.
She just graduated with a 2:1.
Her symptoms are horrifying but she still has hope of further study opportunities.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending