GCSE Religious Studies - QUOTATIONSWatch
Find the Edexcel GCSE Religious Studies 2018 exam discussion here
Find the OCR GCSE Religious Studies 2018 exam discussion here
Let's use this to share good quotations for RE GCSE tomorrow.
Here are a few off the top of my head:
'Blessed are the peacemakers' - Christian teaching useful for War and Peace. It is a reason many pacifist Christians give.
'Love your neighbour as you love yourself'
'Thou shalt not murder'
Right, that's all I could think of. I'm not very prepared, as you can see . Let's share our relevant quotations.
'Attack anyone who attacks you to the same extent to which they attacked you' (Qur'an) - Use for War and Peace.
"There is neither male nor female in Jesus Christ"- St. Paul
"I am the way the truth and the life"- Jesus
"In my Father's house there are many rooms"- Jesus
"Make disciples of all nations"- Jesus
Will add more if I can think of them!
"Love your neighbour"
"Do not murder"
Um... oh poo, I really should know more.
also, "and they shall become one flesh" (genesis)
war, obviously "thou shalt not kill" , "love thy neighbour as thyself"
sanctity of life "made in the image of God"
those are just a few quite important ones that i'm using. Good luck everyone!
"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth"
"God created man in his image"
"be fruitful and multiply... rule over the birds of the air and the fish of the sea and over every creature that moves over the ground"
Believing in Jesus/Resurrection/Afterlife-
"any man who believes me will live, even though he dies"
Forgiveness- "Father forgive them for they know not what they are doing"
Parable of the sheep and goats- "I was hungry and you fed me"
The Golden Rule-"do to others what you would have them do to you"
The Trinity- "Today in the town of David a saviour has been born to you, he is Christ the Lord"
All from the Bible
Thats one of the only ones I can remember
I took my exams years ago but I was told to remember the whole 'live by the sword, die by the sword' speech. Is that still relevant?
Anyway I thought it was "Those who take the sword, die by the sword"...?
Death & the afterlife:
- "So God created man in His own image"
- "The Lord God formed the man from the dust of the ground and blew into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being."
- "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies."
- "I believe in... the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body and the life everlasting." (Apostles' Creed)
- "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the father except through me."
Religion & science:
- "In the beginning, God made the heavens and the earth" (Genesis)
- "So God made the wild animals according to their kinds" (argument against evolution)
- "God blessed them and said to them 'be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air and over every living creature that moves on the ground.'" (Humans given dominion)
- "Do not cut the trees down by putting an axe to them, because you can eat their fruit. Do not cut them down. Are the trees of the field people, that you should besiege them?"
- "Consider how the lilies grow. They do not labour or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendour was dressed like one of these."
Nature of God:
- "No one gets to the FATHER except through me"
- "You are my SON with whom I am well pleased"
- "The HOLY SPIRIT descended from heaven like a dove"
- "Your body is a temple for the HOLY SPIRIT"
To be honest, I'll have forgotten them all again by tomorrow afternoon! Also I don't seem to have any quotes for the "Good and Evil" unit? :s
Catechism of the Catholic Church:
"The marriage bond has been established by God himself [...] a marriage concluded and consummated between baptised persons can never be dissolved."
The family is "an original cell of social life."
"he who divorces his wife and marries another is guilty of adultery" - Jesus
Matters of life and death
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. Psalms
Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart. Jeremiah 1:5 (therefore life begins at conception, no abortion)
"Your body is a temple of the holy spirit" St. Paul (therefore no euthanasia)
Religion, wealth and poverty
"You cannot be the slave of money and of God." Matthew 5
Rich man and Lazarus (store up your treasures in heaven)
Parable of Sheep and Goats (you can basically use that for anything)
Allah loves the fair minded
Do not be divided (islam)
men and women were created from a single soul (islam)
war and peace:
blessed are the peacemakers for they will be children of God
repel (evil) with what is better (islam)
jihad- the one who struggles...is the one serving Allah's cause
christianity- forgive others
God put man in the garden of eden to work it and take care of it
islam- he has given you the earth for your heritage
live in this world as if you were going to live forever
whoever is kind to the creatures of god is kind to himself
we are not masters of this earth. it does not belong to us to do as we wish
love your neighbour
he who eats and drinks while his brother goes hungry is not one of us (islam)
allah has knowledge of all your actions
he who begs without need is like a person holding burning coal in his hand
and everything else that's been said...
Catholic Church....'Any form of discrimination on the ground of sex, race, colour or religion must be eradicated as imcompatible with God's design'
'And to every soul will be paid in full (the fruit) of its deeds; and Allah knoweth best all that they do.'
'Of the good that they do nothing will be rejected of them; for Allah knoweth well those that do right.'
'Those who reject faith – neither t heir possessions nor their (numerous) progeny will avail them aught against Allah: they will be companions of the fire, dwelling therein for ever.'
hope it helps
Money is the root of all evil
Give a man a fish , feed him for a day.Give a man a fish feed him for lie.