first time GYG Watch

TheresaElizabeth
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hello! This is my first time doing any blogging, never mind GYG so bear with me haha! I study Maths, Chemistry and Spanish for A-Levels (technically theres not really such things as AS Levels because of the new A-Levels but since im only first year A-Level I decided to tag it AS level). I'm predicted A*A*A* which is crazy and a lot of pressure considering I just got an E in Chemistry and im only a C in Maths (im yet to get any sort of grades from Spanish but i got 36/40 last exam so) and so im hoping GYG will help me really utilise my revision and my revision time! I get plenty of frees at school that i dont use so im hoping to change that and start really getting stuff done (especially for Chemistry!) Wish me luck! If anyone has any tips or websites or revision ideas that i could use it would be much appreciated!!
TheresaElizabeth
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I am not sure how GYG is meant to be set out, or how I'm meant to continue it. I'm not even sure if I'm in the right place so bear with me! I've started an online course about the Fundamentals of Economics as well as my A Levels just becuse I want to try and experience all the subjects to see which I would like to do at University. On another note, in my last Spanish test I got an A, which I am very happy about. In my last Chemistry test, we all got told everyone received an E or a U and so they had to put together another test to see if the teachers were failing in education or if they just made a bad test. I got a D, 56% so I am very happy about that! My last maths test was quite a while ago and I think I've already mentioned that. Still struggling to utilise my revision time, just because I'm very easily distracted and sometimes I will just sit there for a while before realising I've stopped working! I'm working on that problem ahaha
TheresaElizabeth
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
If someone could tell me if I am doing things right that would be much appreciated, feel a bit stupid but there are no instructions or explanations on how to make the blog? Anyway, I'm still struggling in Chemistry so I printed out an OCR past paper and did it at home. There was stuff on there I hadn't done yet so I just subtracted those marks and, using the percentage and the grade boundaries for that exam paper I worked out I got a D! Not quite where im wanting to be at but it will have to do Spanish is going very well, I got an A* in my last exam, one mark off full marks, so you can see why im so disappointed in Chemistry Though we all had to do two retests for Chem because of the awful test paper where everyone recieved an E and U and in the first I got a D, and the second a C, so I am very happy with that. I think im going to have to complain to the school about Chemistry as they're giving us no resources and now I have no lessons with the good teacher and its taken over by a student teacher (lets hope hes good)
nyxnko_
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Best of luck!! :rave:
Yes, you're doing things fine :yes: I'm sorry no one has posted on here yet... You can just carry on updating this regularly about your studies if you want, but quite a few people just treat these as general blogs, so they might just post random stuff on there too :dontknow:
It's a shame about chemistry, and unfortunately the content will not get easier :no: but I can definitely say that you will get better at revising it :yes: If it helps, I use physics and maths tutor for past paper questions. And even if it's old spec, it's still better than having no questions to do at all. Also, chemrevise do really good revision guides, so check those out if you're not too sure on certain topics. I really hope that helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (216)
60%
No (144)
40%

Watched Threads