The Student Room Group

Lancaster University or Reading University?

Hello TSR fam,
Last year, I didn't do so well at my A-level hence I got into UoR from Clearing. To be honest, I didn't expect much from them. However, after 4-months time of studying here, I'm actually impressed by it and established a group of friends now. Recently I applied through UCAS again to see if I could get into a better Uni and fortunately received an unconditional offer from Lancaster for ITMB( Management and Information Technology). I've started questioning myself whether to stay or leave. Is it Worth it? How big of a difference between them in terms of social life and the city? And finally, could anyone tell me their opinions on the course itself? Cheers
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Fisherlok
Hello TSR fam,
Last year, I didn't do so well at my A-level hence I got into UoR from Clearing. To be honest, I didn't expect much from them. However, after 4-months time of studying here, I'm actually impressed by it and established a group of friends now. Recently I applied through UCAS again to see if I could get into a better Uni and fortunately received an unconditional offer from Lancaster for ITMB( Management and Information Technology). I've started questioning myself whether to stay or leave. Is it Worth it? How big of a difference between them in terms of social life and the city? And finally, could anyone tell me their opinions on the course itself? Cheers

Hi @Fisherlok,

Congratulations on your offer for Lancaster University. I am a current student here studying in the Management School on the Marketing Management course. If you are in a position to then I would highly recommend coming up to Lancaster and attending an Applicant Visit Day as this way you will really get a feel for what it is like to study here and weigh up the pros and cons of moving University.

You have done extremely well to have been offered a place so definitely consider it as personally I am loving studying at Lancaster University. If you attend the Applicant Visit Day then you can chat to current students on the course to get a deeper insight but if you have any specific questions in the mean time then please feel free to message and I will do my best to answer.

Now is a fantastic time to study at Lancaster University Management School (LUMS) as we have amazing facilities coming which you will be able to take full advantage of! Check out the video here. Coupled with there being hundreds of societies, fantastic careers support and a really inclusive college system, these are just some of the reasons I am enjoying living and studying here!

Let me know how I can help :smile:.

Rebecca
LUMS Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest