The Student Room Group

A/A* achievers: how did you revise?

I'm an A2 student, aiming for AAA. interested in how people revised in order to get very high grades like As and A*s at a level. When did you start revision? what was the most effective for you? Did you have a revision plan?
second this ^
I got A*AA in Law, Spanish and French. Languages are a weird one to revise for as you can't exactly cram a language a month before the exam. Printing off the specification and making sure I've covered everything the exam is asking for, consistently learning vocabulary throughout the 2 years, and keeping up to date with current events in Spanish and French speaking countries so I could gain more content marks in the speaking exams is what helped me.

For law I printed off the specification again to make sure I was covering everything and did every single past paper I could find. I went through every mark scheme and examiner report available and memorised what the examiners were looking for and what common mistakes have been in previous years. The way I learnt the content was pretty much just reading the textbook over and over again. I never found that making things like fancy flashcards and mind maps helped me.

I started revising ''properly'' at the end of January :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending