marcusmoomoomoo
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
How do I get a 9 in RE? I'm taking the short course aqa gcse exam (islam and christianity)
Sophsparkle
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I got a 9 last year with AQA Christianity and Judaism so I’d be willing to help you with any questions you have about Christianity (I do a level now).
And before you ask, I wasn’t one of those people who found everything easy and got 9s in every subject. I revised re a lot and did lots of practise questions. Condensing notes is essential as there is quite a lot of content. Learning religious teachings is essential. I’d recommend you make a stack of flash cards with teachings on how and learn them, then read over them once a week so they stay in your head with minimum effort. Feel free to ask any other questions 😊
maisiex10x
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm also in your position! Also do Christianity and Islam, but I do full course!
username3774332
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Sophsparkle)
I got a 9 last year with AQA Christianity and Judaism so I’d be willing to help you with any questions you have about Christianity (I do a level now).
And before you ask, I wasn’t one of those people who found everything easy and got 9s in every subject. I revised re a lot and did lots of practise questions. Condensing notes is essential as there is quite a lot of content. Learning religious teachings is essential. I’d recommend you make a stack of flash cards with teachings on how and learn them, then read over them once a week so they stay in your head with minimum effort. Feel free to ask any other questions 😊
hey i'm doing AQA Christianity and Islam. Do I make notes on everything then condense them into flashcards? i literally want a 6 max(maybe a 7 )
Sophsparkle
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by I'mComingOxford)
hey i'm doing AQA Christianity and Islam. Do I make notes on everything then condense them into flashcards? i literally want a 6 max(maybe a 7 )
If you have all your notes in your school book then read over it and condense it into a post it note for each page as it helps it go into your head. Then put teachings in flashcards. On the back of the flashcards I’d suggest having blanks in the quotes so you actually have to use your mind to think of the quote. It’s just about going over it constantly. Also- make sure you can write under timed conditions. You can’t afford to spend more than 12-15 mins per 12 market despite it demanding an essay. I’d suggest doing them first then coming back to the smaller questions
Mosulley
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I do Christianity and Buddhism at GCSE

What Christian religious teachings/beliefs are broad and can be used universally in questions?
Sophsparkle
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Mosulley)
I do Christianity and Buddhism at GCSE

What Christian religious teachings/beliefs are broad and can be used universally in questions?
‘Love thy neighbour’ (joking 😂). The beatitudes are good to quote and the story of the rich man and lazareth. Also Matthew’s gospel if you know it in depth is pretty helpful as it has loads that you can fall back on. Obviously the Ten Commandments and any obscure teachings you’ve been given in class are a must. It’s difficult to remember them all now
salimyasin10
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I do edexcel and im predicted 8/9 but for christianity use sacraments as a teaching or belief
Mosulley
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
‘Love thy neighbour’ (joking 😂). The beatitudes are good to quote and the story of the rich man and lazareth. Also Matthew’s gospel if you know it in depth is pretty helpful as it has loads that you can fall back on. Obviously the Ten Commandments and any obscure teachings you’ve been given in class are a must. It’s difficult to remember them all now
In my class everyone just says "love thy neighbour" because we dont know anything else
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (532)
66.67%
No (266)
33.33%

Watched Threads