The Student Room Group

Insecurity ruining a relationship?

Hiya!
Me and my boyfriend have been going out for quite a long time now. However, we face quite an issue that isn’t anything less than my fault. My mother has quite a lot of hair on her body, though it is blonde and my father has dark hair. This has resulted in me having hair almost everywhere on my body, but dark coloured. And by everywhere, I mean everywhere. My stomach, my back, my chest, my thigh. Everywhere. And it’s a major insecurity to me as I feel pretty gross looking. My boyfriend says it’s not an issue to him and that I shouldn’t be insecure, but at the same time, I still feel bad. He doesn’t ever see me in anything other than long sleeved everything. I’m always worried about how I look and what I’m showing wherever I go and I feel like it takes a toll on him. Whilst not in our immediate future, if we were to have sex at some point, my main worry is how he’d take to it. Do you think I’m letting this insecurity eat me up too much?
Reply 1
bump
Original post by Anonymous
Hiya!
Me and my boyfriend have been going out for quite a long time now. However, we face quite an issue that isn’t anything less than my fault. My mother has quite a lot of hair on her body, though it is blonde and my father has dark hair. This has resulted in me having hair almost everywhere on my body, but dark coloured. And by everywhere, I mean everywhere. My stomach, my back, my chest, my thigh. Everywhere. And it’s a major insecurity to me as I feel pretty gross looking. My boyfriend says it’s not an issue to him and that I shouldn’t be insecure, but at the same time, I still feel bad. He doesn’t ever see me in anything other than long sleeved everything. I’m always worried about how I look and what I’m showing wherever I go and I feel like it takes a toll on him. Whilst not in our immediate future, if we were to have sex at some point, my main worry is how he’d take to it. Do you think I’m letting this insecurity eat me up too much?

The key phrase here is "boyfriend says it is not an issue to him" Take that and move on.

We all have things we hate about our bodies - I hate my hamster cheeks and my tummy fat - which will not shift - but these are first world problems. You have what clearly seems to be a nice boyfriend - enjoy him and stop overthinking things

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending