Funding for courses with foundation year. Watch

Kallum17
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
So im planning on putting Loughboroughs chemistry with foundation year (Bsc) F104 as my firm and Lincolns chemistry with foundation year (Masters) F103 as my insurance. Problem is that i don't know if the foundation year of both will be funded. Ive read that if its integrated it would be. However for loughbrough the course on UCAS shows it being 4 years starting at year 1 but on loughbroughs website it says 1 year so im unsure as to whether it would be funded. Lincolns on UCAS show it as being a 5 year course but starting at foundation year.
So does anyone know if these coursea would get full funding for the foundations years.
SFE Erin
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Kallum17)
So im planning on putting Loughboroughs chemistry with foundation year (Bsc) F104 as my firm and Lincolns chemistry with foundation year (Masters) F103 as my insurance. Problem is that i don't know if the foundation year of both will be funded. Ive read that if its integrated it would be. However for loughbrough the course on UCAS shows it being 4 years starting at year 1 but on loughbroughs website it says 1 year so im unsure as to whether it would be funded. Lincolns on UCAS show it as being a 5 year course but starting at foundation year.
So does anyone know if these coursea would get full funding for the foundations years.
Hi there,

It is correct that if your foundation year is integrated you will receive funding for this. If the foundation course is a standalone course, (usually 1 year in length) this is not designated for Higher Education (HE) support and as such is not eligible for funding.

Thanks,
Erin K
Kallum17
Rep:
?
(Original post by SFE Erin)
Hi there,

It is correct that if your foundation year is integrated you will receive funding for this. If the foundation course is a standalone course, (usually 1 year in length) this is not designated for Higher Education (HE) support and as such is not eligible for funding.

Thanks,
Erin K
Thanks for the reply, how would i know whether its integrated or not?
SFE Nihad
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Thanks for the reply, how would i know whether its integrated or not?
Hi,

We can check for you if you provide us with your course details.

Regards,
Nihad
Kallum17
Rep:
?
(Original post by SFE Nihad)
Hi,

We can check for you if you provide us with your course details.

Regards,
Nihad
Ok thanks, My firm will be at Loughborough University (Chemistry with foundation year F104) and my insurance will be at Lincoln (Chemistry with foundation year F103)
Claire SFE
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Ok thanks, My firm will be at Loughborough University (Chemistry with foundation year F104) and my insurance will be at Lincoln (Chemistry with foundation year F103)
Hi Kallum17,

Both courses are eligible for finance as the Foundation Year is intergrated.

Thanks,
Claire
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Keele University
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Thu, 27 Jun '19
  • Birkbeck, University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day - Bloomsbury Undergraduate
    Thu, 27 Jun '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (39)
24.22%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (55)
34.16%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (27)
16.77%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (14)
8.7%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (26)
16.15%

Watched Threads

Latest