HMRC HEO Compliance Caseworker (Reserve list) Watch

ShamCC
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
I have been placed on the reserve list for the HEO Compliance Caseworker role for HMRC. Scored 5 5 6 6 in the interview which isn't the best, but pleased that I got through to the reserve list anyway!

Has anyone else been placed on a reserve list with an offer being made down the line? What time frames would I likely be looking at?
OnceUponAStudent
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
There's a thread literally right under this one with 134 pages, another further down with 21 pages, and yet another one a bit further down with 52 pages of posts. Maybe read through them and see?
ShamCC
Rep:
?
(Original post by OnceUponAStudent)
There's a thread literally right under this one with 134 pages, another further down with 21 pages, and yet another one a bit further down with 52 pages of posts. Maybe read through them and see?
Your assumption being I haven't? Yes, there quite 'literallly' are.

Thought I would use this forum to gain specific insight into a partiuclar issue - I obviously have no business doing so.
OnceUponAStudent
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
The specific questions you asked were

Has anyone else been placed on a reserve list with an offer being made down the line? What time frames would I likely be looking at?
Anyone who have read the 3 threads I was talking about would see multiple answers to those two questions. So yes, I assume you haven't read it before you asked the questions.
NeepaI
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hi, I’ve been placed on the reserve list also but with a lower scoring to yours! What location did you apply for the role at?
ShamCC
Rep:
?
(Original post by NeepaI)
Hi, I’ve been placed on the reserve list also but with a lower scoring to yours! What location did you apply for the role at?
Bristol, you?
NeepaI
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by ShamCC)
Bristol, you?
Birmingham, not sure how long the reserve list is actually for though, I recall seeing 12 months somewhere! (Original post by ShamCC)
ShamCC
Rep:
?
(Original post by NeepaI)
Birmingham, not sure how long the reserve list is actually for though, I recall seeing 12 months somewhere! (Original post by ShamCC)
I think that the overall process, from reserve to start date, is generally that long.

However, from what I have read, it seems that the provisional offer ranges from 1 - 5 months.
KUDOZ
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by ShamCC)
I think that the overall process, from reserve to start date, is generally that long.

However, from what I have read, it seems that the provisional offer ranges from 1 - 5 months.
The way it works is each location has a reserve list that they recruit from and once each list has been exhausted/expired, whichever comes first they will then start working through the new list.

Your chances really depend on what the position is in your chosen location but I’d imagine if your scores are 5s and 6s you should have a reasonable shout on a 12 month list
Mcquillan93
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I have an interview for Newcastle next week, after applying for the job April 2018!! Can anybody give me any tips or advice for the interview? Feeling very daunted by it at the moment!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (56)
67.47%
No I haven't decided yet (18)
21.69%
Yes but I might change my mind (9)
10.84%

Watched Threads