The Student Room Group

Homeschooler Dreaming Big: GYG IGCSE & A-levels

Heyyy. I don't know if I'll be constant with this, but it sounds like GYG really helped people with their grades. So here we go, wish me luck.

IGCSE grades

Spoiler

Who may this new recruit be?

I started homeschooling after Year 6 for a number of reasons, with financial being the major. At first, I despised my fate and the word 'homeschool' because there was no one to show me the way. My parents were more lost than me, and a handful of people really knew what HS was in my area.

But over a year, I got to meet people who'd been through the same stuff as, and worse than, me, and I challenged myself to the task. I looked up all the resources, syllabuses, past papers, revision guides, teacher's guides, learning guides, tour guides (for them self-organised field trips) and a whole lot of other guides related to self-schooling. And although I'm not bitter, at times I got annoyed of my parents, who simply watched me from the side and pushed me on to do everything myself.

But it payed off. I wasn't expecting an A in Physics, which was a total downer, because I had studied for an A* and I'm pretty sure my bathroom urge during the exam had something to do with it. But I'm not going to look back anymore. I'm going to aim high and shoot high. Kachow!

So, what's the plan?

I've got three more IGCSEs to give before I scrape past the minimum. I'd give more, but as I'm already turning 17 in June 19, I thought it'd be best to just work on A-levels now. Maybe more IGCSEs later, for the fun of it.

So, going by sessions, here's my plan:

Spoiler

Aiming high, shooting high. But how high?

Spoiler

What now?

Spoiler

What time interval should I leave between updates here? The general period, I mean. And, um, how do I do this tagging thing?

Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending