My GCSE Journey! Watch

bluesberry
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Welcome to my GYG!

My name is Mazz, and I am in year 11.

My GCSEs are 98 days away and I’m really nervous as I want to do really good in them. As of right now I don’t have a planned revision schedule.

I’ve recently gotten my mock exam grades back and I’m okay with most of them although there is some grades that I want to improve on. This is what I got:

English Language: 7

English Literature: 7

Maths: 6

Combined Science: 6/5

History: 7

German: 5

Sociology: 8

RE: 8

Music: 5

I want to take English lit, history and sociology for A-levels so I’m happy with the grade I got in those although I want to try to aim for an 8 in English lit and history in the GCSEs. I’m also planning on taking politics for A-levels. I’m okay with a 6 in Maths although I will try for a 7 or 8 in the GCSEs. I also want to improve my grade in both German and Music in the GCSEs to at least a 6 or 7 in both. Those two (and science) are are probably the ones I find the hardest. I’m a bit disappointed with my science grade as I was hoping for maybe a 7/7. in my GCSEs I’m aiming for an 8/8.. For sociology and RE I’m aiming for a grade 9.

In order to do good in my GCSEs I want to implement a revision schedule by March at the latest but hopefully sometime this month.

After A-Levels I am planning on doing a Law degree.

I made this thread hoping that it would motivate me and others to achieve well by hard work!
Last edited by bluesberry; 1 week ago
bluesberry
Rep:
?
So I got a history 12 marker back today and I got a grade 8
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
bluesberry
Rep:
?
Found out today that I was 1 mark of an 8 in my English Lit mock which is a bit sad but at least I know I’m capable of getting 8

Music coursework is stressing me out, especially my 2nd composition as I’m no where near finished and coursework is due on the 24th of March which seems like a long time away but to me it’s not that long. I’m going to try to put more time into it.
emilynxlan
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Best of luck! :party:
bluesberry
Rep:
?
Last edited by bluesberry; 1 week ago
bluesberry
Rep:
?
(Original post by emilynxlan)
Best of luck! :party:
Thank you!!
bluesberry
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Did some History Elizabethan England revision today and English lit poetry revision. Yesterday I revised some German vocab and did a music past paper.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (49)
9.37%
I used to but I don't now (14)
2.68%
No, but I want to start (188)
35.95%
No, I am unable to (122)
23.33%
No, I chose not to (150)
28.68%