The Student Room Group

Second degree financing

Hi SFE.

I graduated with a BA History & Politics in 2015.

I am looking to start a second degree part time with the Open University. I’d like to study BSc Mathematics & Physics (course code: Q77)

I understand that I can get second degree tuition fee loans for this degree.

Would you be able to confirm this for me as I can not afford the fees without the loans and I don’t wish to sign up for something that I can’t afford.

Lastly, how do I go about this? Do I register for the course via the open uni first, or do I organise funding with SFE first?

Regards,

Harry.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by harryp1985
Hi SFE.

I graduated with a BA History & Politics in 2015.

I am looking to start a second degree part time with the Open University. I’d like to study BSc Mathematics & Physics (course code: Q77)

I understand that I can get second degree tuition fee loans for this degree.

Would you be able to confirm this for me as I can not afford the fees without the loans and I don’t wish to sign up for something that I can’t afford.

Lastly, how do I go about this? Do I register for the course via the open uni first, or do I organise funding with SFE first?

Regards,

Harry.

Hi Harry,

If you wish to study a new part-time degree you will be eligible to apply for the Tuition Fee Loan and the Part-Time Maintenance Loan. You can submit an application to ourselves without a confirmed place at university as you can cancel the application prior to the start of the course should you need to.

Thanks,
Erin K

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending