The Student Room Group

moving house after receiving university offers

hello! i was planning on living at home during my first year of university so i applied to local universities however now my parents want to move to the coast. because the deadline for ucas has passed, i was wondering if there was a way i could apply to universities in the location we’re moving to before we start in september?
Original post by lauren2451
hello! i was planning on living at home during my first year of university so i applied to local universities however now my parents want to move to the coast. because the deadline for ucas has passed, i was wondering if there was a way i could apply to universities in the location we’re moving to before we start in september?

you could go through ucas extra and then clearing, but why not stick to your original choices? is there a reason you can't move out?
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
you could go through ucas extra and then clearing, but why not stick to your original choices? is there a reason you can't move out?

honestly i can’t afford to

your parents not willing to supplement your loan at all?

If you really can't afford to, your best option would be to decline all your offers via UCAS which would leave you free to apply to new Unis later this month in Extra. You can research Extra yourself, but basically the process allows you to apply to one more Uni that still has vacanies (you need to phone or email the Uni first to check that they do have vacancies, even if they state that they do so on the UCAS website, as that might not be accurate). If you get a rejection from that Uni, despite you ensuring that they have vacancie and you meeting the entry requirements), you can apply to antother Uni and so on.

But OP, think very carefully before doing this! What if your parents change their mind about moving to the coast or can't manage it before the start of Uni? You will be eligible for a bigger maintenance loan if you move away from home, and you will be giving up the good offers you have for a leap into the unknown.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending