The Student Room Group

given up

I don't know whether this feeling will last or not, but for the past week or so i have seriously been thinking about leaving my school's sixth form. The problem is, i am in Year 12 and i have heard of how difficult it can be to transfer right in the middle of A-levels, and also i have been at this school since Year 7, and somehow it still feels incredibly alien and isolating. I had the chance at the beginning of Year 11, but i decided to stay there because i felt maybe things will get better because i am starting afresh in a new year with subjects i actually like, but now i don't think that will be the case. I keep telling myself that there isn't much time to go, but i don't know if i can believe that anymore. I may be overreacting, and it may be way too late to even start thinking about going somewhere else at this point, but i am really having a hard time with this particular school. What do you think i should do?, should i just stay and just push through, or leave and try and make a better life for myself somewhere else?. All advice will be greatly appreciated :smile:
I feel the exact way! But tbh I’m just bored of my school and want a change. Tbh I feel like it’s a bit too late to move if I’m honest because other sixthforms have different ways of teaching and different exam boards. I’m just trying to get past year 12 and just like gcses I’m pretty sure year 13 will fly by and you won’t even realise. If it’s really upsetting you then I think you should leave because your emotional well-being is important! The decision is up to you obviously! It just depends if you think you can cope. Good luck!
Reply 2
Thank you for the luck, probably gonna need it. I'm glad someone else here feels the same way. The only thing that's really keeping me together is the fact that i don't really have to be at school as much anymore with my free periods and all that. And the days go by rather quickly too. Yeah same i'm just bored of my school, it can get so, so emotionally draining and mind-numbing, and there's a part of me that thinks that it isn't specifically my school's fault, but rather it's just my deep hatred for school in general. It just isn't my environment, but unfortunately i have to go through it in order to get to where i actually want to be. Yeah i know that Year 13 will go by incredibly fast (i hope), and so now it's just a matter of getting through Year 12. Thank you for replying, it helps to know that i'm not alone in how i feel right now. I hope this isn't too personal of a question but, do you ever get severely bored of your friends?. Very recently i have slowly come to despise my friends, and so i think that must be an issue too. They just act so immaturely and so stupidly sometimes, it really gets on my nerves, and we don't really have much in common either, i'm surprised we've been friends this long to be honest. Anyways, thank you for replying :smile:

Original post by wxgmak
I feel the exact way! But tbh I’m just bored of my school and want a change. Tbh I feel like it’s a bit too late to move if I’m honest because other sixthforms have different ways of teaching and different exam boards. I’m just trying to get past year 12 and just like gcses I’m pretty sure year 13 will fly by and you won’t even realise. If it’s really upsetting you then I think you should leave because your emotional well-being is important! The decision is up to you obviously! It just depends if you think you can cope. Good luck!
Original post by izzy_a
Thank you for the luck, probably gonna need it. I'm glad someone else here feels the same way. The only thing that's really keeping me together is the fact that i don't really have to be at school as much anymore with my free periods and all that. And the days go by rather quickly too. Yeah same i'm just bored of my school, it can get so, so emotionally draining and mind-numbing, and there's a part of me that thinks that it isn't specifically my school's fault, but rather it's just my deep hatred for school in general. It just isn't my environment, but unfortunately i have to go through it in order to get to where i actually want to be. Yeah i know that Year 13 will go by incredibly fast (i hope), and so now it's just a matter of getting through Year 12. Thank you for replying, it helps to know that i'm not alone in how i feel right now. I hope this isn't too personal of a question but, do you ever get severely bored of your friends?. Very recently i have slowly come to despise my friends, and so i think that must be an issue too. They just act so immaturely and so stupidly sometimes, it really gets on my nerves, and we don't really have much in common either, i'm surprised we've been friends this long to be honest. Anyways, thank you for replying :smile:

omg I FEEL the exact same way towards my friends too!!! I feel so annoyed when I'm with them and idk why like i feel like it's me being a b itch. well, i think it might be normal if we're both experiencing the exact same thing. i've spoken to my friends and they all feel the same way with my other friends but we just tend to ignore those feelings because the more we dwell on it the more annoyed we get at each other. like one of my best friends always screams and she is so hyper and i find it super annoying like calm down, my other friends in the same friendship group agree. i personally feel like i'm just so emotionally drained i just don't even care anymore.
Just get pregnant and live off the taxpayers. You can then watch tv and play the sims all day and play with your baby(in real life ...not on the sims).
You might think this sounds stupid but your soo lucky. I am in year 10 and am just starting my gcse's and for some reason I am in the mindset of 'wing it' . Your in 6tj form which tells me straight away your clever once you have finished your first year schools over
Reply 6
Original post by TheJohnM
Just get pregnant and live off the taxpayers. You can then watch tv and play the sims all day and play with your baby(in real life ...not on the sims).

what on earth are you on about?, what does this have to do with this? lol.
Reply 7
Original post by Whatevenisschool
You might think this sounds stupid but your soo lucky. I am in year 10 and am just starting my gcse's and for some reason I am in the mindset of 'wing it' . Your in 6tj form which tells me straight away your clever once you have finished your first year schools over

I was in that same mindset in Year 10 and pretty much Year 11 as well. I know i'm incredibly lucky, hence why this situation sucks like hell. You're right, i don't have much to go. Good luck with Year 10 and with 11, 12, and 13 (Year 11 goes by in a flash, trust me, i don't know about the rest right now :smile:)
Reply 8
Original post by wxgmak
omg I FEEL the exact same way towards my friends too!!! I feel so annoyed when I'm with them and idk why like i feel like it's me being a b itch. well, i think it might be normal if we're both experiencing the exact same thing. i've spoken to my friends and they all feel the same way with my other friends but we just tend to ignore those feelings because the more we dwell on it the more annoyed we get at each other. like one of my best friends always screams and she is so hyper and i find it super annoying like calm down, my other friends in the same friendship group agree. i personally feel like i'm just so emotionally drained i just don't even care anymore.

Yes!!, ugh it can be so annoying at times. I'm really glad i started to feel this way in Year 12 though, i can't help but think about what i would have done if i started to hate them in Year 10 or something. Uni is so close yet so far and i think that's why Year 12 has felt so long i guess, it's the irrelevant year (kinda like Year 10) that's keeping me away from University as well as my future. I think about it like this in order to feel better about it. I only have one term and a half left of Year 12, and then i only really have two and a half terms of Year 13 (last half are exams). When i say it like that it feels miniscule, and so i think that's what i'm just gonna do. I needed this rant. Thank you :smile:
Original post by izzy_a
Yes!!, ugh it can be so annoying at times. I'm really glad i started to feel this way in Year 12 though, i can't help but think about what i would have done if i started to hate them in Year 10 or something. Uni is so close yet so far and i think that's why Year 12 has felt so long i guess, it's the irrelevant year (kinda like Year 10) that's keeping me away from University as well as my future. I think about it like this in order to feel better about it. I only have one term and a half left of Year 12, and then i only really have two and a half terms of Year 13 (last half are exams). When i say it like that it feels miniscule, and so i think that's what i'm just gonna do. I needed this rant. Thank you :smile:

I honestly get exactly what you’re trying to say. Just try and keep the way you feel about your friends inside because it’s a levels, no time for drama. You’ve got this and I’m sure this is just gonna fly by!! Good luck!
Reply 10
Original post by wxgmak
I honestly get exactly what you’re trying to say. Just try and keep the way you feel about your friends inside because it’s a levels, no time for drama. You’ve got this and I’m sure this is just gonna fly by!! Good luck!

I'll try. Thank you so much, you've been really helpful and kind :smile:. Good luck too!
Reply 11
Original post by izzy_a
I don't know whether this feeling will last or not, but for the past week or so i have seriously been thinking about leaving my school's sixth form. The problem is, i am in Year 12 and i have heard of how difficult it can be to transfer right in the middle of A-levels, and also i have been at this school since Year 7, and somehow it still feels incredibly alien and isolating. I had the chance at the beginning of Year 11, but i decided to stay there because i felt maybe things will get better because i am starting afresh in a new year with subjects i actually like, but now i don't think that will be the case. I keep telling myself that there isn't much time to go, but i don't know if i can believe that anymore. I may be overreacting, and it may be way too late to even start thinking about going somewhere else at this point, but i am really having a hard time with this particular school. What do you think i should do?, should i just stay and just push through, or leave and try and make a better life for myself somewhere else?. All advice will be greatly appreciated :smile:

I've had moments where I have just wanted to scarp everything but I geuss you just have to remind yourself why you took the subjects you did and how ALevels could help you later in life. Also you have been in education solong and it would be such a waste of time is you give up now. You may just need some time away and for a rest ( we all do at times). If that is the case then take a week off and explain to youre sixth form why you aretaking time off. Also during that time off, don't just sit at home doing nothing, do some resarch or recharge your ambition or find a new ambition and make new goals so that when you come back to sixth formyour readyxxx:smile::smile::h:
Reply 12
Also during secomndary school I felt quite socially isolated because although I had a lot of friends, none of them could truly relate to what was going on in my life at the time. I would often just cry myself to sleep for ages just because of the plethora of things in my life. I found truly writing everything on my mind and being more open helped me handle this and even today whenever I am very sad or lonely etc.I write a poem or in my diary and truly talk about my feelings then I go and watch as much telly as I want with abig bowl of popcorn (becuase it is tasty and low in calories), watch a motivational video them move on (Ilike watching home tours because I want a beautiful house with a great big garden and kitchen,lol).:tongue:
Reply 13
Original post by mo t
Also during secomndary school I felt quite socially isolated because although I had a lot of friends, none of them could truly relate to what was going on in my life at the time. I would often just cry myself to sleep for ages just because of the plethora of things in my life. I found truly writing everything on my mind and being more open helped me handle this and even today whenever I am very sad or lonely etc.I write a poem or in my diary and truly talk about my feelings then I go and watch as much telly as I want with abig bowl of popcorn (becuase it is tasty and low in calories), watch a motivational video them move on (Ilike watching home tours because I want a beautiful house with a great big garden and kitchen,lol).:tongue:

Thank you for replying. I can relate, i also write poetry! but i don't have a diary though i have thought about getting one. Thank you for the advice, i probably just need a break right now. This term has been ridiculous and half term is next week. Thanks again :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by izzy_a
Thank you for replying. I can relate, i also write poetry! but i don't have a diary though i have thought about getting one. Thank you for the advice, i probably just need a break right now. This term has been ridiculous and half term is next week. Thanks again :smile:

Thats okx. Definitely get a diary. I often enjoy looking back and good moments and i can reflect on the bad onesxxxx

Quick Reply

Latest