GCSE Revision Time Watch

FahadMuh247
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Guys i am currently in Year 10, will be going to Year 11 in September later this year. My question is roughly how many hours should i be revising on a daily or weekly basis in order to get top grades like 8 or 9s?

The subject i am doing are : Maths, Additional Maths, English, Chemistry, Biology, Physics, History,Mandarin and Drama.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
BobbyHan
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It depends on your intelligence and how many efforts u put in
Just chat with me to know more
FahadMuh247
Rep:
?
(Original post by BobbyHan)
It depends on your intelligence and how many efforts u put in
Just chat with me to know more
I wouldn’t say i am the smartest person in my year however i am amongst one of the top. In my tests, i am usually getting grades such as 6 or 7s. However, i never revise and i feel like if i revise more i can get 8s and possible get my predicted grade for GCSE which is a grade 9.
BobbyHan
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by FahadMuh247)
I wouldn’t say i am the smartest person in my year however i am amongst one of the top. In my tests, i am usually getting grades such as 6 or 7s. However, i never revise and i feel like if i revise more i can get 8s and possible get my predicted grade for GCSE which is a grade 9.
If you want to make friends and share my former experiences to you just add my snapchat
bobby_hann
isabelmarant
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How do you have predicted grades already...you're in Year Ten.
FahadMuh247
Rep:
?
My school are extra they gave us predicted this year based off our exams that we have done previously.
Anthos
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You don't need to start revising "seriously" now, especially since you've got more than a year. Unlike me with 3 months left... If you want to do some revision, you could do light revision now, and make sure you make notes on what you've recently learned and make sure they're organised. You've still got a year so you can see what revision method best helps you ie what helps you retain the most information - flashcards, writing notes, videos, the list goes on.
guttenplan
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Unfortunately writing notes isn't actually very effective. Flashcards however are a great way to learn and actually retain information. You should check out whyze. They're using AI to automatically turn your content into flashcards without you actually having to do the grunt work. Sign up at whyze.co.uk
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Mar '19
  • Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (89)
16.57%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (55)
10.24%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (96)
17.88%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (81)
15.08%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (54)
10.06%
How can I be the best version of myself? (162)
30.17%

Watched Threads