The Student Room Group

Discontinuation from course

I’ve currently found out I’ve been discontinued from my adult nursing course at university for failing one module, I’ve been given some options one was to try and get mitigating circumstances to see if I can redo the assignment or the other was to try and reapply in a year but I was told the chances of me getting accepted again would be slim as It was an accademic fail.
Is there any advice on what option would be best to take.
😊
Original post by Chayes123
I’ve currently found out I’ve been discontinued from my adult nursing course at university for failing one module, I’ve been given some options one was to try and get mitigating circumstances to see if I can redo the assignment or the other was to try and reapply in a year but I was told the chances of me getting accepted again would be slim as It was an accademic fail.
Is there any advice on what option would be best to take.
😊

It would be a good idea to speak to your students union if you haven't already as they will know the university's procedures best. Essentially you need to try to redo the assignment if at all possible, however you will need to follow the university's policy if you have any mitigating circumstances and you will also need to justify why you did not make the university aware of these at the time.
Reply 2
Thank you! I’ll get in touch with them.

Quick Reply

Latest