BA Hons Social work& Midwifery @ Keele University Watch

J.duah
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
•There’s so many things I want to cover in this thread me and my friend have literally got in to keele with conditional offers and I got a holders day but she didn’t yet as she just got in to keele three days ago and we’re wondering how long does it take to get in to keele after the interview as in the normal response time from what they tell us and also when she can expect the offers holders day. But with my offer holders day it’s been communicated if I go they could reduce my offer but called the head of social work course and she wasn’t sure herself.
• Also my friend wants to study midwifery and I social work as you can guess but we want accommodation next to each other but not for from out study campuses and were wondering where’s the best place to stay on the keele campuses keep in mind we don’t want to share a bathroom with people and would basically want En-suite
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Keele Student Ambassador
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by J.duah)
•There’s so many things I want to cover in this thread me and my friend have literally got in to keele with conditional offers and I got a holders day but she didn’t yet as she just got in to keele three days ago and we’re wondering how long does it take to get in to keele after the interview as in the normal response time from what they tell us and also when she can expect the offers holders day. But with my offer holders day it’s been communicated if I go they could reduce my offer but called the head of social work course and she wasn’t sure herself.

• Also my friend wants to study midwifery and I social work as you can guess but we want accommodation next to each other but not for from out study campuses and were wondering where’s the best place to stay on the keele campuses keep in mind we don’t want to share a bathroom with people and would basically want En-suite
Hi there J.duah,

En-suite rooms are available in: New Barnes, Lindsay Court, Holly Cross & The Oaks, some rooms in Barnes (not new).

I don't believe there is a way to ensure that you live near each other and you aren't guaranteed your first choices of accommodation.

I am unaware of any reduced offers from attending offer holder days, but will check on that for you.
Your friend will likely receive information about Offer Holder Days soon, I don't think there is anything stopping her from signing up for the ones that have been advertised to you, unless they are course-specific days.

It's also worth bearing in mind that the Nursing and Midwifery school is primarily based at the Clinical Education Centre on Stoke Hospital Campus, whereas Social Work isn't. This may affect your friend's accommodation decisions.

I hope this helps you, and I'll get back to you about the reduced offer,

Mark
Second Year at Keele
Keele Student Ambassador
  •  Official Rep
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey J.duah, I've just checked and you may receive a reduced offer from attendance, see here:

What is the reduced offer?
By actively engaging in an Offer Holder Day and getting to know your subject area better, we believe that you will be better prepared to start your journey at Keele. In recognition of this we may* reduce the conditions of your offer by a further two grades.
*this does not include anyone holding an offer for a course in the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences.

Who gets the reduction?
Current 2019 Keele offer holders* who register and attend one of our Offer Holder Day events in 2019 and interact with their academic sessions.
*this does not include anyone holding an offer for a course in the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences.

When will I get the reduced offer?
Following each event, attendance and active engagement will be verified and then your reduced offer will be confirmed to you via admissions. This may take up to 30 working days.

If you have any further queries, please contact Admissions on [email protected] or on +44 (0) 1782 734010

What if I can’t attend an Offer Holder Day?
If you can’t attend an Offer Holder Day but wish to take advantage of the offer, there are a number of alternative ways to engage with your academic area. Please contact us for further details on [email protected].

This means that you may be entitled to a reduced offer but your friend will not.
J.duah
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Oh thank but I’m still confused because we’re both coming to the offer holders day and she’ll basically won’t get anything from it except from a feel of the university is it also because she’s applying for the midwifery course.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Keele Student Ambassador
  •  Official Rep
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by J.duah)
Oh thank but I’m still confused because we’re both coming to the offer holders day and she’ll basically won’t get anything from it except from a feel of the university is it also because she’s applying for the midwifery course.
Yes it's because the midwifery course is exempt from this reduced offer.

Hope this helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Keele University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Jun '19
  • Keele University
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Thu, 27 Jun '19
  • Keele University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Aug '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (97)
16.75%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (61)
10.54%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (101)
17.44%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (88)
15.2%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (58)
10.02%
How can I be the best version of myself? (174)
30.05%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise