Unhappy in my second year of university Watch

Reigna95
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
So I transferred from the University of Greenwich to LJMU to study criminology. The courses are so different!! In UoG I took courses that I loved and seemed to lead somewhere (Forensics, psychology, deviance), but at LJMU, everything is academic and seems very unnecessary. They don't go in depth about the causes of crime. It's like they are preparing me to be a teacher or a professor. The course is in no way preparing me for a nonacademic career (Police work, FBI, etc..). I've grown to really hate it. At first, I thought I should keep pushing through but it's driving me straight into depression and stress. I haven't slept well in 2 months because I'm just so unhappy. I finished the first semester of the second year and I am just now starting my second semester. I NEED to know what other options I have. Can I transfer universities this late? If so, what university would accept me? Would it be wise to switch to an online degree? PLEASE I'd be grateful for any suggestions or ideas.
YaliaV
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Why did you transfer in the first place?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (40)
7.72%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (301)
58.11%
No (177)
34.17%

Watched Threads