How do you insert a paragraph in an exam?

Watch this thread
Nothing2Panic
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi,
My question could go for any exam.
Basically how do you let an examiner know that you mean to put a paragraph in. Urgh this is so hard to explain what i mean but, say I write a really long paragraph in the exam and then read it and think that I should make that paragraph into two. How do I let the examiner know that the paragraph isnt one but two?
Do you get what I mean? PLease any help would be most appreciated.
Spoiler:
Show

For example: People often sya that they had their best years in their 20's or 30's. But not me. Mine were definitely in my 40's. They were full of fun and mischief, much better than the years before. Right now I can look back on that exact moment that I decided to change my life for the better. (should be a change of paragraph) I sat crossed legged on the floor of a bright, colourful room. A bright colourful room full of prospect and happiness. But that made no difference to me, a woman with a thundercloud for a head.

See here I wrote a paragraph when it should be two but how do I indicate to the examiner that I meant to make it two?
Matoh
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Nothing2Panic)
Hi,
My question could go for any exam.
Basically how do you let an examiner know that you mean to put a paragraph in. Urgh this is so hard to explain what i mean but, say I write a really long paragraph in the exam and then read it and think that I should make that paragraph into two. How do I let the examiner know that the paragraph isnt one but two?
Do you get what I mean? PLease any help would be most appreciated.
Spoiler:
Show

For example: People often sya that they had their best years in their 20's or 30's. But not me. Mine were definitely in my 40's. They were full of fun and mischief, much better than the years before. Right now I can look back on that exact moment that I decided to change my life for the better. (should be a change of paragraph) I sat crossed legged on the floor of a bright, colourful room. A bright colourful room full of prospect and happiness. But that made no difference to me, a woman with a thundercloud for a head.

See here I wrote a paragraph when it should be two but how do I indicate to the examiner that I meant to make it two?
I think you put // where you want to insert paragraph break.
username4355882
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Matoh)
And at the end of your essay, you can write “//=paragraph break” to make sure.
Nothing2Panic
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Matoh)
OK Thank you. Glad you understood what I meant ;-
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (137)
66.83%
No (46)
22.44%
I didn't use it to prepare (22)
10.73%

Watched Threads