The Student Room Group

Dont think he loves me after all these years together?!

So me and my bf have been together for 4 years and so far he hasnt said he loves me even though i mentioned to him that it kind of bothered me and i also asked me on various ocassions why he doesnt feel the same way.. his response was that he doesnt believe in love and he doesnt know what love feels like.. he has said he likes me alot and that he cares about me.. the issue is i know for sure that he has said it to his ex as when we werent official he was still in contact with his ex and i saw a text message that was sent to her saying i love you too( she said i love you first).. i also heard him on the phone once saying that back to her to which i confronted him about and he denied it.. he says i love you to his kids, nan etc so i dont know why he hasnt said that to me.. i know theres nothing going on between him and his ex and that he doesnt feel the same way towards her but is it worth being with someone who doestn tell you they love you? i need help pls
Original post by Anonymous
So me and my bf have been together for 4 years and so far he hasnt said he loves me even though i mentioned to him that it kind of bothered me and i also asked me on various ocassions why he doesnt feel the same way.. his response was that he doesnt believe in love and he doesnt know what love feels like.. he has said he likes me alot and that he cares about me.. the issue is i know for sure that he has said it to his ex as when we werent official he was still in contact with his ex and i saw a text message that was sent to her saying i love you too( she said i love you first).. i also heard him on the phone once saying that back to her to which i confronted him about and he denied it.. he says i love you to his kids, nan etc so i dont know why he hasnt said that to me.. i know theres nothing going on between him and his ex and that he doesnt feel the same way towards her but is it worth being with someone who doestn tell you they love you? i need help pls

How old are you both?
Some people are less tactile and less comfortable with expressing emotion. They tend to find it easier if its written down than face to face.

If its important you you and you dont get other aspects of affection and intimacy that speaks for itself, then you have to make your own conclusion. If you are of an age and you end up feeling less loved than you think you might like, then you have to decide if you wnat to take the chance to find someone else who can give you that? It might be frightening, but its take a chance or more of the same. How happy are you with the relationship? How interested in you and making sure you are loved nurtured and happy? Men and I suppose women can get in a rut and stay in a relationship because they fear or its easier than being single. |Like a pair of slippers. If you want a family or fmaily life then is what you have ood enough? If not then see if you cna change it over the short terms (unlikely) otherwise start planning the exit. Maybe he does love or care for you or maybe its that plus it suits him and its easy. How will you feel if you are writing the same post in 2,4,6, years time? Maybe theres more to life or you owe it to yourself to find out?
Original post by Anonymous

Sit down with him and tell him everything you've told us. You need to be clear with how you communicate like you have with us here.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending