The Student Room Group

I'm so stuck on university choices!!

I've managed to receive offers from Durham, Sheffield, Leeds and Nottingham to study BSc Geography (Leeds is Geography Geology). However, Nottingham have given me a straight unconditional which has really thrown my thinking. I love all of the universities but feel like Durham is the most 'prestigious' university out of them all for geography. The main thing that is putting me off of Durham is the city itself being quite small. I really like the collegiate system at Durham, but if I went catered at Nottingham I feel like I'd probably get a similar experience and have a big city on my doorstep.
I really don't know what to do as I could put Nottingham as my insurance and still know I'm going to uni. But obviously then my accommodation wouldn't be secured if I missed the firm offer. Any help would be appreciated!
Original post by Nathantaylor
I've managed to receive offers from Durham, Sheffield, Leeds and Nottingham to study BSc Geography (Leeds is Geography Geology). However, Nottingham have given me a straight unconditional which has really thrown my thinking. I love all of the universities but feel like Durham is the most 'prestigious' university out of them all for geography. The main thing that is putting me off of Durham is the city itself being quite small. I really like the collegiate system at Durham, but if I went catered at Nottingham I feel like I'd probably get a similar experience and have a big city on my doorstep.
I really don't know what to do as I could put Nottingham as my insurance and still know I'm going to uni. But obviously then my accommodation wouldn't be secured if I missed the firm offer. Any help would be appreciated!

Consider everything as a whole - which is best in terms of:
- course content and structure
- city
- campus environment
- assessment and teaching
- facilities
and so forth.

I would recommend attending open days if you haven't already as this will give you more information and a chance to ask questions to current students and lecturers about the course, uni and career prospects.

Just to note, if you like Durham but are being put off by the size of the city, there are still plenty of things to do, and you are quite close to Newcastle and other cities.
useless you don't think your going to get the grades consider the unconditional as a conditional. Go to durham

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending