So Confused About Applying in Ireland - Need Help Watch

oasisluke94
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hello,

I'm currently undertaking an access course in social science at a local college (I live in Northern Ireland). Whilst I've completed and sent away my UCAS, I've also applied through CAO for two universities in Dublin, to keep options open. I'm looking to do a BSc (Hons) Psychology degree.

I'd really love to study in Ireland, but I'm so confused with how the whole CAO process works. I've filled out my form, sent whatever way that's needed so far, and such. However, when should I expect word about offers? (I assume after I get my access course marks, and send them away?).

I'm also confused about what exactly they're looking for in terms of requirements as well (as Ireland's educational system is much different to here). What'd I need in my course? Would I need anything else too? Where would I apply for funding too? Just very confusing haha!

Thank you.
Cmil99
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by oasisluke94)
Hello,

I'm currently undertaking an access course in social science at a local college (I live in Northern Ireland). Whilst I've completed and sent away my UCAS, I've also applied through CAO for two universities in Dublin, to keep options open. I'm looking to do a BSc (Hons) Psychology degree.

I'd really love to study in Ireland, but I'm so confused with how the whole CAO process works. I've filled out my form, sent whatever way that's needed so far, and such. However, when should I expect word about offers? (I assume after I get my access course marks, and send them away?).

I'm also confused about what exactly they're looking for in terms of requirements as well (as Ireland's educational system is much different to here). What'd I need in my course? Would I need anything else too? Where would I apply for funding too? Just very confusing haha!

Thank you.
I'm sort of in the same boat as you. I'm currently studying a level 3 course which is equivalent to alevels and in the UK would get me straight into any university if choice (depending on the grades of course). I've also applied for UCAS and CAO to keep my options open and take advantage of the low fees that ROI has to offer. I emailed all the unis I applied to in the south regarding what grades I needed to get in and only one uni got back to me. I received confirmation from 1 out of the 16 unis that I actually applied for thanking me for my application, but other than that I'm in the dark. I hope it's not left until late August to find out where exactly I'm going because I'll have to move everything in a matter of days.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Life Sciences; Department of Psychology Undergraduate
    Thu, 21 Feb '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Thu, 21 Feb '19
  • St George's, University of London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 21 Feb '19

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (234)
60%
No (156)
40%

Watched Threads