The Student Room Group

PPE at Warwick or ECON&IR at St.Andrews

So I've gotten offers to study at Warwick and St. Andrews, just wanted people's opinions on which I should firm.

Course-wise, I'm leaning towards Warwick because I've applied to PPE for 4 of my choices, and I really like the bridge-model they use. However, St.Andrews is also interesting because it would give me the opportunity to take sustainable development on the side.

Academics: Warwick probably edges ahead in ECON and employer recognition in the UK. St. Andrews has an amazing IR program and probably more international prestige.

Location: Both are not ideal locations, but I don't exactly want to study in London either. Warwick's campus didn't exactly jump out at me but it's been over a year since I've last been. I feel like there'd be a good community atmosphere and I could move to Coventry/Leamington after the first year. St. Andrews is stunning, but it's quite isolated.

Another thing is that I'm wondering which is the more diverse uni? (Less white/EU/rich international school students) I know they'll make up a majority of the student body but I'm just curious.
Original post by RyanMarney
So I've gotten offers to study at Warwick and St. Andrews, just wanted people's opinions on which I should firm.

Course-wise, I'm leaning towards Warwick because I've applied to PPE for 4 of my choices, and I really like the bridge-model they use. However, St.Andrews is also interesting because it would give me the opportunity to take sustainable development on the side.

Academics: Warwick probably edges ahead in ECON and employer recognition in the UK. St. Andrews has an amazing IR program and probably more international prestige.

Location: Both are not ideal locations, but I don't exactly want to study in London either. Warwick's campus didn't exactly jump out at me but it's been over a year since I've last been. I feel like there'd be a good community atmosphere and I could move to Coventry/Leamington after the first year. St. Andrews is stunning, but it's quite isolated.

Another thing is that I'm wondering which is the more diverse uni? (Less white/EU/rich international school students) I know they'll make up a majority of the student body but I'm just curious.

Diversity will depend on intake. International students = diveristy! Anyway, it depends on whether it's more important to you to study using the bridge model or sustainable development.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending