Do Your GCSEs Really Matter? Watch

emj208
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hi everyone! Hope your revision is going well

I took my GCSEs last year and (somehow) managed to get a grade 9/A* in every subject I took. I've written an article for the HIVE competition about how important (or not!) your GCSEs actually are, and I'd love it if you took a look. This time last year I was so stressed and now looking back I can see I really shouldn't have been!

You can read the article here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/rev...-really-matter

I hope you find it informative!! In the meantime, y'all can leave your opinions about whether GCSEs matter in your experience/any GCSE questions you may have here, along with any feedback on the article. I'd love to hear your opinions on it!! So - what do you think? Do your GCSEs matter or are they a waste of time?

Emily
MichaelTownly
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Are you sure that A Level predicted results are based on GCSE grades instead of AS grades?
MichaelTownly
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Are A Level predicted grades negotiable?
emj208
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by MichaelTownly)
Are you sure that A Level predicted results are based on GCSE grades instead of AS grades?
(Original post by MichaelTownly)
Are A Level predicted grades negotiable?
It really depends on your school as far as i know! For my school, our predicted grades are mainly based on our GCSEs unless we prove we are doing exceptionally well or badly at a level. Most other schools tend to base them on your AS grades and your progress throughout the year (although of course most schools don’t offer AS any more, so it’ll be based on your end of year twelve assessments).
And yes, most teachers will negotiate your grades if you can prove youre willing to work hard.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (213)
12.71%
Excited (151)
9.01%
Worried (303)
18.08%
Terrified (375)
22.37%
Meh (155)
9.25%
Confused (37)
2.21%