The Student Room Group

car insurance help!

I passed my driving test today, and the company lines are closed (out of hours) ridiculous considering we work at the same time.
Anyway, is it more expensive if i insure my car to use for tomorrow, one day after passing, or is it that its more expensive to insure on the same day you pass?
I know its expensive either way but I've been told to wait a few days.
Congrats on passing your test! I don't think the day you pass or the day after will make a great difference. The sooner you insure your car, the sooner you can earn NCD (no claims discount). That's what will make the biggest difference to the cost, along with the car itself. There are other ways of keeping your premiums down e.g. adding your parent/s as named drivers on your policy. So to answer your question - it's not enough difference in cost to be worthwhile!
Reply 2
Original post by oxyies
I passed my driving test today, and the company lines are closed (out of hours) ridiculous considering we work at the same time.
Anyway, is it more expensive if i insure my car to use for tomorrow, one day after passing, or is it that its more expensive to insure on the same day you pass?
I know its expensive either way but I've been told to wait a few days.

Do a quote and find out.
Do a quote and find out there are many companies providing car insurance services, find out the best option for you.

Quick Reply

Latest