Alicxcowell
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
hey guys! any advice is greatly appreciated.
so I am currently in year 11 and about to have my choices meeting with school to decide what I want to do. at uni i would like to take physiotherapy so I'm leaning towards taking biology, PE and pyschology but after the 6th form taster day pyschology doesn't seem as interesting as I originally thought. should look at other options or disregard the taster day as it wasn't an exact replica of an a-level lesson?
username3551716
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey! I think biology and PE are great choices for your uni course. As for psychology, a friend of mine finds it really interesting and absolutely loves it. There is a LOT of memorising definitions and theories involved. Very English-based.

If you didn't enjoy the taster day, I'd take a guess that its not the subject for you. A taster normally has the most interesting/appealing bits of the course to attract students. Maybe have a word with A-Level students at your school who are studying psychology to make an informed decision on it. Have you considered English or Maths A-Levels? They would both make you a more desirable applicant for studying physiotherapy.

Good luck with your choices!
Alicxcowell
Rep:
?
thank you so much that's actually so helpful, never realised any other subjects were helpful for physiotherapy. and I'll talk to some friends in 6th form x
namelessfeelsx
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey. I'm applying for physio this year and I do Biology, Psychology and Politics. Your choices are good! I would strongly recommend psychology though because during work experience (which you have to do for any uni) you will see a lot of that, so it would be good if you familiarised yourself with it to be able to use what you learn from it in interviews. I am not talking about keywords or theories, just to show that you can speak about patients in a holistic way instead of just their physical difficulties. However, there are definitely other subjects you could choose from because most unis only require at least one science based subject and one closely related.
Alicxcowell
Rep:
?
(Original post by namelessfeelsx)
Hey. I'm applying for physio this year and I do Biology, Psychology and Politics. Your choices are good! I would strongly recommend psychology though because during work experience (which you have to do for any uni) you will see a lot of that, so it would be good if you familiarised yourself with it to be able to use what you learn from it in interviews. I am not talking about keywords or theories, just to show that you can speak about patients in a holistic way instead of just their physical difficulties. However, there are definitely other subjects you could choose from because most unis only require at least one science based subject and one closely related.
thanks for the reply and this has definitely helped I did look at the topics for my school and they seem really interesting so I think I was just panicking for a bit as it seems really daunting that I'm choosing my a-level so early and non of my friends have yet.
namelessfeelsx
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Alicxcowell)
thanks for the reply and this has definitely helped I did look at the topics for my school and they seem really interesting so I think I was just panicking for a bit as it seems really daunting that I'm choosing my a-level so early and non of my friends have yet.
that's completely normal, I mean it is your future. Good luck with everything
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (15)
25.86%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (4)
6.9%
No I am happy with my choice (36)
62.07%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (3)
5.17%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed