Linda_68
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
I have accepted an unconditional offer for Astronomy and Physics FF5H starting on the 1st of September 2019. I was wondering what books I will need to purchase for the course. If someone could please help me as I wish to buy them asap.
katxlaura
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
When you arrive, you sign up to 3 subjects and get added to their moodle page! On the moodle page they have reading lists or professors tell you the key ones you need in the first lecture! Once you’re here, we have a normal bookshop and a secondhand bookshop!
Retired_Messiah
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Course content and required reading for any subject can often change year on year, so I wouldn't buy anything until you're actually at the uni and have the full course information on hand.
scottishst25
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Unless you were emailed about preliminary reading (reading you must do before starting uni), you would be much better off waiting until you get there to buy books as you won’t know which books are needed and will likely be able to get them cheaper from second-hand bookshops and/or older students.
Last edited by scottishst25; 7 months ago
Welshed
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hi, I myself will be starting the MSci Physics in September.

With regards to reading, this is what I could find online. Here is a link to a page on the UoG Talis that calls for a specific book for the first year physics course (the page in question is however 5 years out of date). Honestly, would get in contact with the uni or current students to see what you should get hold of as it wouldn't hurt to have books beforehand, but this could be worth looking at anyway.

Presumably you would be doing astro courses too so probably worth looking at the lists for all the department courses here.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (47)
25.41%
No (138)
74.59%

Watched Threads