banders18
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey!

So I’ve just had a parents evening where my teachers basically said to learn things I need to do more questions. I understand this helps to cement knowledge, however it isn’t how I personally [i]learn[i/] to answer questions.

In lessons the teachers simply flick through a PowerPoint and then set us off on questions, but sometimes I don’t feel like I’ve actually been taught it.

Therefore, I was wondering what resources you use to learn new topics and learn how to answer the questions! examsolutions.net has currently been helping but I was wondering if anyone uses anyone else?

I’m currently at a C, however began the year with Fs...

I just need to keep on improving! Thank you in advance!
pinkypaz123
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
PhysicsandMathsTutor have lots of questions and I think they have revision sheets too. Keep using Examsolutions- they help me alot when I don't understand a topic or I have to relearn it. I think the main way to get better at maths is to do loads of questions, look at the markschemes if you need help and try to work out how they got there. Doing the easier questions can help too since if you master the basics it'll give you a good foundation to do the tougher questions. And if you type in the topic on Youtube, there should be loads of videos on it.

Hope this helps
casswambua
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Having a tutor might help too considering they guide you through actually getting tools to help you get good grades (the good ones anyway)
katystudies
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Khan Academy has some good videos. But doing lots of past papers once you've learnt the content is the best way to get the best grades from my experience.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (36)
15.38%
I'm not sure (8)
3.42%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (88)
37.61%
I have already dropped out (4)
1.71%
I'm not a current university student (98)
41.88%

Watched Threads