realised i actually have no friends... Watch

puta91
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
so i came of all social media a few weeks ago, mainly because im sick of fake bs, but also because it makes me feel *****! since ive come off it my phone has been dry as hell, ive not had 1 text from anyone. this is making me so upset and depressed to realise not one perspn actually gives a **** about me! has anyone ever done this? does it get better! it is still early days but it has really bothered me that noone has even realised im not on it anymore, my mental health is just going down hill at the moment and i need a new mindset! any advice
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
SoulfulTwist
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yes unfortunately you'll have to be the one to initiate and then see whether it still remains dry or not.
ThatguyAl
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
You just released none of your “friends” gives a damn about you? I presume you are very young and naive. Welcome to real life.
And no, mostly is doesn’t get “better” in this sense. But good news is - you don’t have to care about it.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Anonymous #1
Report 2 weeks ago
I did this and it got the same reaction. Not one text, no one noticed I was gone and I stayed gone for about 3 years.

I think lack of face to face interaction means people forget about you. When you're just a picture on a screen, in a list of 100+ people no one is gonna notice you're missing from social media.

Anyway, I took the free time I now had to better myself. I took online classes, made new friends, eventually I got back on social media but I mead brand new accounts with all these new people who I knew genuinely cared about me, and I'll post maybe once or twice a week - but these people that I'm friends with now would definitely notice that I was gone.

In short. Get new friends.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (215)
60.06%
No (143)
39.94%

Watched Threads