A-Levels are destroying my mental health.Watch
I'm in my 1st year at sixth form, I stayed at the same school I've been at for five years at which I've had a bad experience with socialising with others. I feel that I cannot pass the courses I'm doing (physics, maths and further maths.) But if I leave I feel that I'll be stuck with only GCSEs and low 'employability' meaning I will never make a good wage. What can I do?
Talk to your teachers and check whether its your ability to do the course or its your difficulties in socialising with others that is the problem?
See your GP about it and get some counselling as well. Sorting out MH is a priority because iotherwise it could get worse and stay with you for your next studies or job. Maybe you are in the wrong course and you dont have the ability, but maybe its just mental and its more to do with you being unhappy or having low self esteem?
1. Get help to see if you can sort out the depression and continue.
2. Leave in the advice of GP and take the rest of the year to getting it under control, then retrun to studies in September in a better frame of mind, at a different school/ college or on a different course?
You need to get help now to discuss your options and maybe you will be able to see your situation more clearly. MH issues are always tricky because you assess thing with your mind and thats the very thing that may be causing the issue.
0. Childline 0800 1111
1. Samaritans 116 123
2. https://kooth.com/ Online counselling
3. The Mix. 0808 808 4994. Sunday to Friday from 2pm to 11pm. webchat Sunday to Friday from 2pm to 11pm, and Saturday from 8pm to 11pm.
4. Sane 4.30pm to 10.30pm on 0300 304 7000.