Plymouth Dentistry Applicants 2019 Watch

stressedpenguin
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
haven't seen a thread for this yet so anyone with updates please post here!
stressedpenguin
Rep:
?
so far we know that the plymouth medical applicants got loads of offers and rejections yesterday.
from what I understand, 32/40 was the threshold for an offer, 31/40 meant you were on the waiting list to see if you get made an offer after the february interviews, and anything from 30 and below meant you were rejected.
it's tough yall, lets hope for the best!
Last edited by stressedpenguin; 6 months ago
ProfHealth
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I'm happy with a tsr group. Much easier to keep on track of the main updates like this, especially for those who don't like to message much. Anyway, the medicine threshold was pretty damn high. Had to average 4/5 over all the stations. Means if you did average in one stage and got 3, you need to have done exceptionally well in another station and get 5 to make up for it. Competition this year is much higher as well seeing as they have more interviewees. It's all difficult. I didn't realise the icebreaker question was actually scored. Pretty **** tbh since everyone got a different ice breaker question.

Edit: I could be wrong. Maybe it's just that different stations are weighted differently.
Last edited by ProfHealth; 6 months ago
username4210094
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by ProfHealth)
I'm happy with a tsr group. Much easier to keep on track of the main updates like this, especially for those who don't like to message much. Anyway, the medicine threshold was pretty damn high. Had to average 4/5 over all the stations. Means if you did average in one stage and got 3, you need to have done exceptionally well in another station and get 5 to make up for it. Competition this year is much higher as well seeing as they have more interviewees. It's all difficult. I didn't realise the icebreaker question was actually scored. Pretty **** tbh since everyone got a different ice breaker question.

Edit: I could be wrong. Maybe it's just that different stations are weighted differently.
SAME! I didnt know the ice breaker was scored, i thought thats what the whole point of the ice breaker was lol. kind of sly of them tbh. plus different days got completely different questions and I feel it to be quite unfair that we all have the same cut off score for an offer
stressedpenguin
Rep:
?
(Original post by ProfHealth)

i had no idea the icebreaker was scored till I read your post!! the fact that we didn't get the minute to prepare for it is what made me think that it wasnt scored lol.
stressedpenguin
Rep:
?
i wonder how they sorted us into the different groups on the day - do yall reckon it was random or by some sort of system? i know it wasn't alphabetical
alevelhelpxoxo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
so when exactly will we be hearing back from them ? im so nervous lolllll
ProfHealth
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by stressedpenguin)
i had no idea the icebreaker was scored till I read your post!! the fact that we didn't get the minute to prepare for it is what made me think that it wasnt scored lol.
I'm not sure if it actually is. Maybe stations are weighted differently which would also make sense (basically some stations score you a max of 7 points while others might score you max 4). I thought their selection process was quite clear but evidently it isn't.
cgunter
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
should be by the end of the week , good luck guys
username4210094
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
rejection
melwillstudy
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Offer!
Someonewhosad
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
My sister got rejection
username4210094
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Someonewhosad)
My sister got rejection
what was her score
Sauliy
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I got 32/40 You think i have a chance
Someonewhosad
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Absolutely gutted another rejection here guys
Someonewhosad
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by stonedcake)
what was her score
Last edited by Someonewhosad; 6 months ago
stressedpenguin
Rep:
?
i got put on reserve list with 32
stressedpenguin
Rep:
?
how likely are people on the reserve list to get in after the february interviews? wanna know whether to take this as a rejection and start planning a gap year or to hope for offer
alwaysconfused12
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Absolutely gutted, rejection. 26/40, didn’t think I did that badly.
Congratulations to everyone who got offers.
caelin_m
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by stressedpenguin)
how likely are people on the reserve list to get in after the february interviews? wanna know whether to take this as a rejection and start planning a gap year or to hope for offer
That’s what I want to know too, so disappointing being so close
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (137)
13.44%
Excited (93)
9.13%
Worried (192)
18.84%
Terrified (232)
22.77%
Meh (78)
7.65%
Confused (28)
2.75%
Putting on a brave face (125)
12.27%
Impatient (134)
13.15%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise