Liam Neeson involved in race row Watch

username4477046
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by DSilva)
He wanted to kill a random, innocent black man and set out to do so.

It's totally bizarre, as is trying to make out this is all some 'pc gone mad' story.
What I find strange with the reactions. The "pc Crowd" are ignoring the rapist. Liams friend got raped. Liam over reacted. And in all this confusion of this media event. The rapist is being ignored. Are the Pc crowd too weak to question what happened or they never experienced anything like this. It is easier for them to jump on the band wagon
Captain Haddock
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Underscore__)
Liam Neeson: “I reacted terribly to something many years ago and I realise I was wrong”

Millennials on twitter: “Liam Neeson reacted terribly to something, he was wrong!”
Liam Neeson: "I armed myself with a club and went out hoping to murder a random black person"

Gen Zs on TSR: "This is normal and understandable behaviour"
username4477046
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Captain Haddock)
Liam Neeson: "I armed myself with a club and went out hoping to murder a random black person"

I seen worse. And by the reactions of this topic. The less said the better.
Pinkisk
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Let me guess. Liam Neeson farted in his minority friend's presence without first excusing himself and the cousin of the neighbour of the friend of his makeup artist's lip balm supplier says that he farts a lot more around coloured people than he does white people.

People nowadays call anything racism...

OK...so I read the story now and what the heck is a 'cosh'?
Last edited by Pinkisk; 2 weeks ago
Bio 7
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I briefly read this earlier and it made it out to be much worse than the story actually is. News sources are just inflating things to make a big deal out of it which is a shame as this isn’t a story to get enraged over.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Underscore__
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago

Who’s described it as normal or understandable?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
generallee
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It's not 'thought crime', he admitted he actually went into 'black areas' looking for someone to start on him so he could 'unleash physical violence'

That's way beyond a 'thought'.

But yeah thel issue here is people taking objection to someone who admitted they set out to kill a random black person on the street...
Indeed he even specified their race...
It was a thought.

The below WASN'T a thought. This was an innocent teenager plucked from the street, tortured and murdered for his skin colour, in revenge for an unconnected attack on the murderer, by a person of the same race as the victim. Can you tell the difference between a thought and an act now?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2006/nov/09/race.ukcrime
generallee
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago

It isn't particularly normal, and it isn't something I would consider myself. Far from it.

But the problem is the absurd (and patently faux) overreaction from the Wokestapo provokes its own counter reaction.
generallee
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It is not just the racy racy racism of course. Neesom is a sexy sexy sexist too for referring to a woman's rape whilst not being a woman (unless he self identified as one then it would be presumably ok except to TERFs??)

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices...-a8764086.html

Oh and he didn't point out the terrible way society treats trans people either, so that's unforgiveably unwoke.

I think he should be killed I really do. What an evil, racist, sexist, transphobic piece of $hit.

Burn the witch...
fallen_acorns
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago

That's not why people are reacting badly to this..

Its because generally speaking those who are not radically on the left, still believe that people can change and that redemption is possible.

In terms of who he was in the past:
he said he was wrong and his actions were awful
We all think his actions were wrong and awful
= non-debate, no discussion needed, we all agree.

It only becomes a debate if you take the stance that people can't change, that his racist thoughts in the past have bearing on him in the present, and should impact him currently. If you believe that people can change and grow - then he deserves no punishment now, he clearly mentioned seeking help, his regret, and how his mind has changed. If you believe people can't change, and that redemption isn't possible, then yes - punish a person now for the person they were when they were younger.

Its a funny twist, because I was always under the impression that the left was very pro-rehabilitation and redemption for convincted criminals.. the left's model for the justice system in both the UK/US is largely based on these principles.. so why are they not applied here? To a person who didn't actually commit a crime because they came to sense before it occured.

---

An example of this anti-redemption/change line of thinking would be this:

"The next time someone asks me why I have a chip on my shoulder, I need no longer brush the question away with disdain. I can say, with all sincerity: 'Because there may well be an Oscar-nominated actor out there who wants to kill me, so I have to be alert at all times...'"

From a guardian journalist. The fundamental assumption they are making is that he is the same person now as he was in the past - he did something bad back then, so he would do it again now. Its about as right-wing an arguement as you can get...
Last edited by fallen_acorns; 2 weeks ago
Eunomia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
How pathetic that he finds it uncomfortable to admit that he was racist, yet he was perfectly comfortable harping on about how he planned on killing a "black b***ard". So much for the personal growth that his fans claim he experienced.

I have been on the receiving end of crime and injustice inflicted on me and my loved ones by people of difference races. I had thought that focusing on the individual as opposed to their race was the normal thing to do. Didn't expect praise for not going out with the intention of killing a White/Asian/Arab person. I think this was a cheap attempt to promote his latest revenge movie. He tried to look like a tough guy but failed.
Last edited by Eunomia; 2 weeks ago
username4477046
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Racism and intolerance will always exist. Whether it is from people like Liam in the heat of anger and emotion becoming tribalistic. Or from so called progressives looking for any excuse to attack people from the safety of online media
DSilva
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Glorious22)
What I find strange with the reactions. The "pc Crowd" are ignoring the rapist. Liams friend got raped. Liam over reacted. And in all this confusion of this media event. The rapist is being ignored. Are the Pc crowd too weak to question what happened or they never experienced anything like this. It is easier for them to jump on the band wagon
He didn't just 'over react' he set out to attack a completely innocent person for racist reasons.
DSilva
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by fallen_acorns)
That's not why people are reacting badly to this..

Its because generally speaking those who are not radically on the left, still believe that people can change and that redemption is possible.

In terms of who he was in the past:
he said he was wrong and his actions were awful
We all think his actions were wrong and awful
= non-debate, no discussion needed, we all agree.

It only becomes a debate if you take the stance that people can't change, that his racist thoughts in the past have bearing on him in the present, and should impact him currently. If you believe that people can change and grow - then he deserves no punishment now, he clearly mentioned seeking help, his regret, and how his mind has changed. If you believe people can't change, and that redemption isn't possible, then yes - punish a person now for the person they were when they were younger.

Its a funny twist, because I was always under the impression that the left was very pro-rehabilitation and redemption for convincted criminals.. the left's model for the justice system in both the UK/US is largely based on these principles.. so why are they not applied here? To a person who didn't actually commit a crime because they came to sense before it occured.

---

An example of this anti-redemption/change line of thinking would be this:

"The next time someone asks me why I have a chip on my shoulder, I need no longer brush the question away with disdain. I can say, with all sincerity: 'Because there may well be an Oscar-nominated actor out there who wants to kill me, so I have to be alert at all times...'"

From a guardian journalist. The fundamental assumption they are making is that he is the same person now as he was in the past - he did something bad back then, so he would do it again now. Its about as right-wing an arguement as you can get...
Of course people are capable of redemption, but the idea he deserves respect for saying he now knows racist murder is bad, is hardly convincing.
DSilva
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by generallee)
It was a thought.

The below WASN'T a thought. This was an innocent teenager plucked from the street, tortured and murdered for his skin colour, in revenge for an unconnected attack on the murderer, by a person of the same race as the victim. Can you tell the difference between a thought and an act now?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2006/nov/09/race.ukcrime
It's not a 'thought' when you arm yourself with a weapon and go out looking to kill an innocent person, as he admits.

If someone went out onto the streets looking for a kid to touch up but didn't find one, would you say it was okay because it was just a 'thought'?
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 19
Report 2 weeks ago
It's not a 'thought' when you arm yourself with a weapon and go out looking to kill an innocent person, as he admits.

If someone went out onto the streets looking for a kid to touch up but didn't find one, would you say it was okay because it was just a 'thought'?
Except he didnt go through with anything and I believe he said he wanted someone to come at him which wouldnt make him the protagonist.
ChaoticButterfly
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago

They used to be cool
Obolinda
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
They used to be cool
Wat about me.☹
username4477046
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
He didn't just 'over react' he set out to attack a completely innocent person for racist reasons.
Yeah life is a complicated mess. The same thing that happened to his friend when she was raped. Liam through off the shakles of politeness, of civilisation and wanted to put someone balls to the fire
DSilva
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
Except he didnt go through with anything and I believe he said he wanted someone to come at him which wouldnt make him the protagonist.
No one is saying he carried it out. But he admits he armed himself and went out looking to provoke a black person so he could violently attack them.

If someone went out looking for a kid to touch up, but didn't find one and then went home, would that be fine because they never carried it out?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (42)
11.97%
Yes - a food allergy (39)
11.11%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (11)
3.13%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (9)
2.56%
No (250)
71.23%

Watched Threads